Boogie backup problems

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
hi gang,
special thanks go to Sinno, Freck, Axxxo, Hi Teck and Linny for all your help with the softmodding of my WII. I eventually got it all working, the homebrew channel, the USB loader and the neo gamma and the back up launcher. all little baby steps got me there in the end.
also can I highly reccommend img burn for your backing up of WII games.

I now want to move to another level, so lets see if you can help me out there again. I used the usb loader to back up the game "boogie" to a USB stick, i then tried to play it from there to see if it worked to no avail, i then put it onto a disc using img burn and launched it using neo gamma, again it didnt work. it brought me as far as the screen that tells you to attach the strap properly, then the screen goes blank, any ideas on how to repair backups gratefully accepted

Hi Wheelo,
You can try these and see if they help
CIOS revision are up to 14 now, have you tried turning the 002fix on in the settings(if your using gx loader)?To turn on 002fix for any one game you click on the Game>Settings>Error 002 fix and set it to ON.
change the settings inside USB Loader GX (not in the Wii Options or Data managment).
In Neo Gamma you can go to the config options and for video force it to ntsc480i and see if that works(y)

sinno, my neo gamma is version r4, ios249 (rev 14) So I presume that is the latest one available.
i have neo gamma and wii gator loaders, and neither load the game
I have changed the video setting to 480i and no change, any other suggestions?

I am going to download the gx loader and try that.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

got the gx loader and changed the setting, no joy though.
any other ideas??

Wheelo my neo gamma is 7,try that one(y)
also if you have a mic for that game plug it in after you start the game

it just took me 25 minutes to find a free, no strings attached download, then remembered gba DOH...will try and then get back. didn't know that i needed a mikeLOL

again, thanks sinno

tried the neo gamma 7, no joy, is there anything else that it could be?

Hi Wheelo
is there anything coming up on the screen,or is it flashing green and the wii freezes

hi sinno, you click load from DVD, it then brings up the screen that reminds you to securely fasten the numchuck to the remote, when you press any button, the screen very briefly flashes green, then turns black and does nothing. the remote also turns off and to get anything to happen, you have to power off at the console and power back up again.
thanks

Okay wheelo,i had the same problem with grand slam tennis,in neo gamma go to region options,press a,goto force video it should say disc,change this to force video ntsc480i,and see will that work,the version you backed up was pal wasnt it not ntsc

yeah, you suggested that earlier^^^ so when i got version 7, i tried it again.
i presume it was pal as it was bought in an irish shop, dont have it here still, but can find out.

sorry i cant help you much with this as its a bit over my head, but i had a similar problem with sports resort but my man that did it soon sorted it it was an 002 error - which apparently is quite common. he did some sort of update and it worked after that. He said it was simple enough to do once he found the problem. So hopefully you can get to the bottom of it.
I MUST get the guy to come join this place as he is soon to be out of a job so will have time to answer any Q's Problem is i wont see him for a while now but i will ask him, but by then hopefully you have sorted your problem.
One thing i do know is that when the wii is modded you cant do updates like you normally would - well ive been told not to and he does it for me

Sorry Wheelo,forgetting what im writting,only put gx loader on mine last night,the green screen usually means a region difference,but not allways,after installing gx loader on mine my neo gamma reverted to rev 9 from 14,neo gamma 7 is to operate on ciosrev14,so check what version is running your neo gamma if you installed gx loader,did you try to add the game to your hdd and launch from there

linny, youll have to get your friend on to here as i can only wreck sinnos head so far LOL

sinno, i tried gx loader both with memory stick and DVD with and without the oo2 fix, i upgraded neo gamma on your say so last night to 7 with revision 14. and tried to force the video on both. it is not a game that i necessarily need to play, but i would just like to know in case it happens with a game that i need to play
thanks for all your help so far

Hi Wheelo,
Not completely headwrecked yet,it sounds like its a ntsc disc which shouldnt be seeing as it was irish bought but not impossible,if you can get hold of the disc-load up usb loader gx and then put in the disc,you will be asked if you want to load game,this will put it on the hdd,some games give problems,you got a beauty,if you get this fixed can we have a you tube of satisfaction if your open to requests,i will have a look around and see if there is a dol file for this game like with sports resort(y)

Okay Wheelo
here is what i have gotten
with wii scrubber you need to extract the ssx.dol,rename this to RBOP69.dol,put this dol on your sd card
open neo gamma and choose alt dol from sd card and load game

Last edited:
i downloaded wii scrubber, unzipped it, tried to open it, it tells me it cannot open key.bin,
then opens wii scrubber, the only action it will then allow me to do is unscrub image, it then allows me to select boogie from its folder, but then asks me to choose a dif file. am i getting warm by any chance?
by th way i read about the key problem and have downloaded make keybin source and have it in the same folder as the wiiscrubber.
thanks for your patience

Hi Wheelo,
Ok here we go
you have the makekeybin.exe file in the same place as wii scrubber.exe file
1-Run makekeybin.exe,put 42 in box and generate
2-Run wii scrubber.exe file,load iso
3-Right click ssx.dol,(you will have to search for this,trust me its in there and dont modify the original or main dol)extract this to your pc
4-Rename this to your game id which can be checked in WBFS Manager,so you will end up with something like RO1T54.dol(just an example)
5-Copy the newley named dol to a folder on your sd card(put one on the root as well just in case it cant find the folder when you try to load it)
6-put your disc in,launch neo gamma and select alt dol,load from sd card and launch game
EEEENJOY and i cant wait to see the vid on you tube
Now as i dont have this game i cant confirm the following for your game
With wii sports resort after doing all that i had to watch the motion plus video and the game then crashed back to the menu,i then went into neo gama and turned of the alt dol and the game works perfectly.
Good luck(y)

fecking hell sinno, finally got that to work, i called the folder on the sd rbop69, then the file the same on the inside, didnt work, then called them RBOP69, didnt work, then called the folder NeoGamma, the files insideRBOP69 and RB0P69 and it finally worked, now have to remove them one by one to see which actually worked. I'm gonna find mike that works and find out how to play this game, then do a you tube(but you might be sorry as this might need your help tooLOL)
thanks for all your help, is it always the same file you put on the card? again baby steps worked.
Wheelo

Hi Wheelo
Glad you got that to work,this comes up on a few rare ocassions,if you put the dol in a folder called games that might work easier(still leave one on root,mine only worked with the one on the root),did the game do as sports resort did,crashing back and turning of alt dol

lets hope it doesnt happen too often sinno, not sure i can handle all the learning LOL

thanks again for all your help

Wheelo

Back