Box Blocked message

richkez

i have heard that starview members are getting a box blocked message on renewing the subs with a massage telling them to unplug there box and wait five mins and then plug it back in there only problem is when they plug it back in there boxes are now dead with just the red and green lights on

is this a deliberate act that starview are doing to block/kill of boxes of just some sort of attack by vm

it a scan to makeyou buy new box they are blocking some new sub
ive have a duo it done the same worked fot two week now they blocked it
but the box is working not connected blue message blocked

i have heard that starview members are getting a box blocked message on renewing the subs with a massage telling them to unplug there box and wait five mins and then plug it back in there only problem is when they plug it back in there boxes are now dead with just the red and green lights on

is this a deliberate act that starview are doing to block/kill of boxes of just some sort of attack by vm

They are trying to blame vermin on it, absolutely nothing to do with them, all down to SV and their greed nothing more :whacko:.

I suggest people wake up to this they are not selling boxes which is one of their biggest earners, they cant survive on subs alone it just would not pay them, or their team, so this was the easiest option give out new firmware and add a time bomb to the coding so when it either reaches a certain number of remote pushes, or a date the box would be rendered useless.

Folks either go to Sat as Hiteck has said i have the blade myself and cant fault it on sat and all the HD channels as well, or if you cant go the Sat route for other reasons go Kryptview route on cable, at least all you buy is the box and "NO" subs, plus as you prob well know they even supporting their old 750 model, the choice is yours as always, keep been ripped off by Starview, :whistling: or find a different route

when you think about it the only people that can block you from accessing the server is starview all the bs about vm blocking the boxes is bull how about if you use say talk talk of another internet provider vm cant stop your box connecting to the server then can they :whacko::whacko:

Just renewed Subs on 2 boxes..... 1 for 12 months @ £45 which lasted 2 weeks.... LOGIN MESSAGE BLOCKED and the other for 6 months @ £25 which is still to be activated...... was told boxes with 100 & 101 ( Barcode ) are now fried ( defunct ).... was going to buy 2 new SV7 boxes... but after reading above posts..... might just get the Kryptview...... and my I.P is BT

Think I will ask for SUBS back..... total of £70.... whats my chances ??? or can I claim back through PAYPAL ????? faulty goods etc

They are trying to blame vermin on it, absolutely nothing to do with them, all down to SV and their greed nothing more :whacko:.

I suggest people wake up to this they are not selling boxes which is one of their biggest earners, they cant survive on subs alone it just would not pay them, or their team, so this was the easiest option give out new firmware and add a time bomb to the coding so when it either reaches a certain number of remote pushes, or a date the box would be rendered useless.

Folks either go to Sat as Hiteck has said i have the blade myself and cant fault it on sat and all the HD channels as well, or if you cant go the Sat route for other reasons go Kryptview route on cable, at least all you buy is the box and "NO" subs, plus as you prob well know they even supporting their old 750 model, the choice is yours as always, keep been ripped off by Starview, :whistling: or find a different route

I have just installed the old update smgo221.ups and the BLOCKED message no longer appears..... So this leads me to thinking that its on Starview side regarding the new firmware View3.00..... As said in previous posts...... They have stock needing shifted to make money....

you will only get fta on it as not connected to them,but just to clarify you dont have the green or red led problem on that box.

so it must be a firmware issue that caused the boxes to die

You can write anything into the code, like i want mickey mouse to appear here, and that will show on the screen, they can have anything they like to be shown on screen as they write the code for the boxes.

As for the replacement eeprom that is "NOT" the problem the problem is the firmware, they could if they wanted release a fix for all these boxes if they wanted, they dont that is the big difference, its a money making ring nothing more and until people wake up and see this they are going to be paying over and over.

Back