Box not booting up!

madsam106

Just got in and box saying boot on front display and nothing happening , any ideas folks?

Attachments

• 15913756278251100812750759930781.jpg
    15913756278251100812750759930781.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 7
Working, many thanks. I swapped the power supply with the hard drive and it booted up. What does that tell me about the original power supply?

Re mount it and initialise it menu setup system setup storage then initialise but will loose what ever was on it or power box back off completely put hdd back in then power box back on

Update; when I connect he power lead from the hdd to the box it boots fine BUT always creates a spark on connection :anguished: something shorting? *checks battery in smoke alarm*

Update; when I connect he power lead from the hdd to the box it boots fine BUT always creates a spark on connection :anguished: something shorting? *checks battery in smoke alarm*
There's a switch on the socket, set it to off before you plug/unplug the business end in or out if you don't want to damage devices.
The hdd PSU is powerful enough to power up the box.
The box PSU isn't, probably burnt out now as they do deteriorate over time

Many thanks, will look for another PSU (will have one around somewhere) . And while I'm at it sort out the tangled mess of power cables jammed into one 5 plug extension box behind the telly

Lucky you as i have stuck in a 10 plug extension with a few power down units to stop the red light.

Back