Box not connected to server? Network connection looks ok. fta working

Ezzaman

Hi All,

I have a H2S at my parents which I setup wooshbuild 4.02 on for them before xmas - first time I'd done it and went smoothly. Something happened last week and the box may have locked up or something so I switched it off and on again and it started working fine.

I've come back this week and only the FTA channels are working. I emailed line provider and he's said the server is up, but I'm not connected.

In the network info, it has a green icon saying its connected to the internet. I also ran the network wizard and that says it's connected.

How do I check that I am accessing the server? Also the Kodi/direct/youtube doesn't work - not sure why, I'm pretty sure it was working before!

It said there was an update available for kodi and the other iptv program, so I updated them. So I'm pretty sure that means the internet connection must be working for it to have updated. Also it does have last update date of today. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Last edited:
Its connected to a switch, with two other android boxes in and they are working ok. The zgemma had a local network address, and I am also watching the football on one of the other android boxes now, so am pretty sure the internet connection is working. (Plus I can post to here!)

I'll give it a reboot if that might help.

- - - Updated - - -

Rebooted both and still the same.... How can I check if the server connection is working/active?

Its connected to a switch, with two other android boxes in and they are working ok. The zgemma had a local network address, and I am also watching the football on one of the other android boxes now, so am pretty sure the internet connection is working. (Plus I can post to here!)

I'll give it a reboot if that might help.
Re-check via FTP to see if the line has the correct details on them (if it's blank .list) something may have gone wrong..

If you restart the cam and it still don't work, i would try a test line to see if that works..

If it does, i would request a new line from the provider...

I've looked at the file (newcamd.list) and it's got the line details in there. How do I restart the cam? (I've rebooted a couple of times anyway.)

Also, am I looking in the right place? I am looking at /usr/keys/newcamd.list

I've looked at Softcam Panel V2.0 and in there it says :

Select Cam 1 - no cam

no CAM1 active - no CAM2 active

Does this mean something is wrong?

Internet connection is definitely working - IPTV Player works and you can watch a film on that.

Last edited:
I've looked at the file (newcamd.list) and it's got the line details in there. How do I restart the cam? (I've rebooted a couple of times anyway.)

Also, am I looking in the right place? I am looking at /usr/keys/newcamd.list

I've looked at Softcam Panel V2.0 and in there it says :

Select Cam 1 - no cam

no CAM1 active - no CAM2 active

Does this mean something is wrong?

Internet connection is definitely working - IPTV Player works and you can watch a film on that.

Highlight cam1 and use arrows left and right until mgcamr1.38 ( I think) Comes up and then press green to restart cam.

Back