Box recommendations

champion9

Hi,

We currently have a mag 254 box in the living room. We like this style of box as it's very simple to use.

In the bedroom we have a free sat box which has a netflix app. However this free sat box has now broken and we were thinking of getting an iptv box for the bedroom where it also had a netflix app for us to access netflix.

Could anyone recommend an easy to use box like a mag box but one which also has an option to access netflix on

Thanks

Hi,

We currently have a mag 254 box in the living room. We like this style of box as it's very simple to use.

In the bedroom we have a free sat box which has a netflix app. However this free sat box has now broken and we were thinking of getting an iptv box for the bedroom where it also had a netflix app for us to access netflix.

Could anyone recommend an easy to use box like a mag box but one which also has an option to access netflix on

Thanks
Hello mate are you not interested in a Firestick then? Easy to setup and use, cheap, and you can get all the apps you need!

How much are you wanting to spend?

What's the WiFi like upstairs? Will the new device be operating over WiFi or can you hardwire it to the router?

Pretty much most android boxes then just add stbemu and it will have the ease of a mag box

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. We use a homeplug in the bedroom which works fine but a box with WiFi would be helpful.

Is it quite simple to add the stbemu onto an android box?

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. We use a homeplug in the bedroom which works fine but a box with WiFi would be helpful.

Is it quite simple to add the stbemu onto an android box?
Yes. Very easy you can do it from playstore or use downloader

Really is down to user preferance and budget if you want simple to use and mag feel then 4k firestick with ethanet adaptor and install stb emu pro via downloader and imitate your mag box but there will be codec issues with vod. 100% devices are better hardwired although can run just as good on WiFi.
My personal preferance would be the buzz vid stick at £69.99 which our forum supporter sells it has its own dedicated app change the ui on it takes sd card for recording easy to use and set all your favourite shows movies channels all on home screen to keep missus and kids happy lol

I recommend either a Xiaomi Mi Box S (£50), or Nvidia Shield (£150-£200),
both come with native Android TV OS, and natively support all major apps (netflix/youtube/amazon video), no side-loading needed.
I use with the Tivimate app, for a very clean GUI.

Last edited:
Really is down to user preferance and budget if you want simple to use and mag feel then 4k firestick with ethanet adaptor and install stb emu pro via downloader and imitate your mag box but there will be codec issues with vod. 100% devices are better hardwired although can run just as good on WiFi.
My personal preferance would be the buzz vid stick at £69.99 which our forum supporter sells it has its own dedicated app change the ui on it takes sd card for recording easy to use and set all your favourite shows movies channels all on home screen to keep missus and kids happy lol

So any video on demand will most likely not work properly?

Like I said depends on codec used as mags and stb emu pro will struggle to play all vod.
Some will have sound and no picture some will have picture and no sound

I thought stb emu pro had more updated codecs and it has choice of players than compaired magboxes. I havent used it for over a year but it did play most just had to sometimes change player. But must be honest never ever tried series on it.

I ordered an amazon firestick yesterday which will arrive today.

I've sent 3 emails to my provider this week but unfortunately not had any response. Therefore could someone advise which app to install....is the recommendation from everyone stb emu?

Back