Box stopping and rebooting automatically

JLOKKASS

Hi guys I have an issue with my box,see I got a box for my dad,and my box had openvix on it and I.made the mistake,well I think its a mistake anyway of backing up my image onto a usb from my box..I then took that usb out and tryed to flash my dads box it did not flash but I restored it in image manager..seemed all good but after a while the box just turned off and started booting up again and kept on doing that..
Ive since got the wooshbuild image put the zgemma folder on a usb and flashed the box I thought I was over the worst as I was halfway through setting up the wooshbuild and then the box went again pulling my hair out at this stage if anyone can help please please help.tia

Firstly take out the usb and format it in a PC - you can just format it to fat32. Then choose your build and copy it back onto the USB and try again.

If you want to use your own backup from your box onto your dads box I would ftp it onto your computer and copy to usb rather than backing up to a usb directly. To do this just create the backup to your hdd as usual and then use an ftp program to find it. I think its under media/backup or something. An image backup comes out as a zip so just unzip that to your usb on your computer and you should see the zgemma folder.

Thanks for replying lads so what would you recommend the openvix or the openatv image,whats happening with the box now it. Seems that I can set up my service searching and autoboquets etc but it seems now when I try to connect to the net or trt dwnload a plugin or that the box is turning off, also it said I have 1 software update available and when I tryed to update the box turned off again and just boots back up..I was watching free channels on this box last night with no issue for maybe an hour and a half and then I tryed updating software it just turned off and I wasnt connected to the net,all this was on openatv.tia

try reflashing it with the wooshbuild on here, easy to install for both the build and the connection, give that a bash

Well gary, I got the wooshbuild on here and flashed the boxand thats wats on the box now is the wooshbuild basebuild, thats what I got from.here should it just be the base build v4 I should be getting as the download file..this issue started first on the openvix image that I backed via bix and usb..sorry if wrecking peoples heads just my own head is wrecked at this stage.tia love this site

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ----------

Rm I formatted usb etc before I done anything flashing wise cheers

If you don't want to use woosh go into the zgemma star 2s section and look at the stickies for kiddacs barebones atv guide. That's easy to follow. Personally I run Vix because I prefer crossEPG but it sounds like you are attempting OTA updates and Vix doesn't allow that, ATV does.

Thanks rm I am using zgemma h2s so if I get the vix image wat size should the file be ive read somewhere that the file cant be bigger than 120 mb to flash is this true and I have to unrar the vix file too is it?do I need winrar for that?

---------- Post Merged at 11:18 AM ----------

And also when formatting my usb its fat32 but what unit size should I use 4096bytes?

when i bought my original boxes i bought a kingston 8gb max usb stick for flashing e2 boxes,format to fat 32,download zipped file to desktop and extracted to usb stick.

start of with a stock image before moving onto others setup images as it rules their stuff out of the equation,if box reboots still could be faulty box/power issue?

Last edited:
Ok the file im about to dwnload is the sunmsee vix image that was created on 7/4/16 and is 143mb in size,is this correct and thanks for help

---------- Post Merged at 11:42 AM ----------

sorry its 147.8 mb size

---------- Post Merged at 11:46 AM ----------

sorry only seen ur thing about stock image now cactkid how do u mean stock image sorry lol

i have no idea on file sizes,when i said stock i meant original,not sucmnsee,woosh or others yet,need to find out if box is going to work before adding their stuff?

only a suggestion as why box reboots is why and to eliminate things first?

Here mate this is for the stock images. - Updates Zgemma Star Series - Index of: home/

The alternative is take a build like woosh which is made for you which you can find in the stickies on the h2s section. If you choose to go from stock then use kiddacs barebones guide to support you - its in the stickies on the zgemma 2s section.

You don't need to worry about file sizes as long as you got capacity on your usb - the builds on this forum or the site above are trusted.

bloody hell the guys have been busy looking in downloads lol,also check your f connectors wires are not touching=reboots box.

Hi lads thanks fir the help I put a stock.image on and started again,top men..only thing now is trying to add a line but cant see ccam config in etc

---------- Post Merged at 06:39 PM ----------

Went with open vix with blue hd skin

is it working ok now?

do you not have to download your cfg from downloads above and then save to box,did you save your previous one to desktop on pc?

Last edited:
Yes cactikid,thanks..I have a line I was goin to put it in in labtop but when I went to go find the ccam configue Its not in the etc section, how to download?also im now getting an error every 5minutes saying softcam check failure instance traceback type exeptions and so on

Back