Boxes with an internal HDD

Hey,

I'm looking to get a box with an internal HDD - what are the options I should look at? I've found the following so far but are there others/better ones? If anything I'd go for DVB-T tuners but they are not essential for me.

• Zgemma H7C
  • OCTAGON SF8008 - this one I've seen some places saying it has a HDD but others offering it with a USB HDD.
  • Gigablue UHD UE 4K - quite expensive

Last edited:
Hey,

I'm looking to get a box with an internal HDD - what are the options I should look at? I've found the following so far but are there others/better ones? If anything I'd go for DVB-T tuners but they are not essential for me.

• Zgemma H7C
  • OCTAGON SF8008 - this one I've seen some places saying it has a HDD but others offering it with a USB HDD.
  • Gigablue UHD UE 4K - quite expensive
You usually have to buy and fit the hard drive, some retailers will add that at a cost,
It is a simple thing to to, on the H7 you could pick up a 2.5 laptop hard drive for peanuts on fleabay and follow instructions on YouTube

I think they come with OpenATV flashed by default from the manufacturer. :unsure:
I don't think £1 is too bad to unbox it and flash it for someone who doesn't really know how to do it themselves.
The HDD just slots into a drawer at the back so super easy to install.

I don't mind opening boxes up to install HDD - that looks like a good box but is about £50 more than the H7C is it worth the extra money?

I don't mind opening boxes up to install HDD - that looks like a good box but is about £50 more than the H7C is it worth the extra money?
H7 is a good solid box and stood the test of time, the newer ones mentioned will be a bit faster, get one and a cheap laptop hard drive imo

I think if you buy from that we'll known website they will send it all pre configured for not alot of money

Back