Broadband and sky installed.

Cariad81

Hi, I'm really sorry to sound so absolutely dull but I'm really not used to using forums! I have a problem and was hoping someone could help?! I've literally just had broadband with sky installed. I was with virgin until this morning. I use an STB smart app on my Samsung TV and It was working perfectly this morning through virgin but since I've changed over to Sky Broadband this afternoon my STB smart app won't play anything!! I am hoping someone can help me???

Thanks very much! I'd already removed broadband shield because I assumed that was the issue, but it's not helped. I'll get hold of my iptv provider now. Really appreciate the help, thanks 😊
Is your tv on WiFi or ethanet if on WiFi try on ethanet and vise versa also are other apps working like youtube ect on TV but ask your provider to reset the ip and give your line me a kick

Is your tv on WiFi or ethanet if on WiFi try on ethanet and vise versa also are other apps working like youtube ect on TV but ask your provider to reset the ip and give your line me a kick
Contacted provider, unfortunately they're on their way back from Holland!! So won't get that sorted today probably. I'd already tried the old switcheroo with the ethanet cable etc, but that you anyway for the tip! 😊👍

Have you tried tethering from 4g to your tv so your tv is coming nnected to your mobile hotspot

Contacted provider, unfortunately they're on their way back from Holland!! So won't get that sorted today probably. I'd already tried the old switcheroo with the ethanet cable etc, but that you anyway for the tip! 😊👍

bazcfc1 Hi! 👋 I just wanted to say a big Thank you for all your help the other day!! It finally got sorted on Friday but I'm only now getting the chance to message you!
Anyhoo, I genuinely do appreciate you taking the time to message me and help me, if you hadn't told me to speak to my provider about resetting my ip I never would have sorted it!! So, thank you very very much, hope you're having a good weekend, take care, all the best 😊

Just changed my broadband supplier from BT to Sky on Friday, smooth change over, but now I can't open my foreign apps properly, Dazn Canada gets to home page then nothing loads, Peacock and sling just go on a circle of death!
I use Stream Locator app and I tried Surfshark.
I removed the Sky shield aspect but unsure what to disable in Router settings, it looks a bit more technical than BTs.
My IPTV is flawless, not sure it would be if I needed VPN with my supplier.
Any help would be appreciated.
I do have Sly engineer booked to sort landline tomorrow so may try to interrogate him.

Just changed my broadband supplier from BT to Sky on Friday, smooth change over, but now I can't open my foreign apps properly, Dazn Canada gets to home page then nothing loads, Peacock and sling just go on a circle of death!
I use Stream Locator app and I tried Surfshark.
I removed the Sky shield aspect but unsure what to disable in Router settings, it looks a bit more technical than BTs.
My IPTV is flawless, not sure it would be if I needed VPN with my supplier.
Any help would be appreciated.
I do have Sly engineer booked to sort landline tomorrow so may try to interrogate him.
Power off the router for 5 minutes to fully reset it, then try again

I have pulled out the power supply a few times for 5 mins since the problem, but did you mean press the reset button?
No, powering off is better but just flicking it off and back on is no use, it needs a minute or two to register at the isp that it's powered down.
Normally, when you reset settings at Sky/VM/BT etc, it needs a router reboot for changes to take effect

I did that earlier 5 mins off after changes,
I was thinking reset button to take me back to default settings in case I disabled or enabled the wrong things!
I switched off Shield settings on Mysky app

You can try it, but I'd double check first, some isps will reapply sky shield/net nanny settings without your permission, just make sure before you reset it

You can try it, but I'd double check first, some isps will reapply sky shield/net nanny settings without your permission, just make sure before you reset it
I will try it later between F1 and 4.30 footie, the Mysky app is under maintenance so won't be able to check the nanny settings after I have tried!

Back