Cable Broadband Interference

SteCog

Hi can anyone help?
I have had my H.2H running fine both on cable and sat using DSlayers image and advice from this portal. In fact I was very happy with the box, good speed, good iptv player and best of all sports channels back in HD.
I have never had a TV service from VM and was a bit dubious about whether or not I would get any signal but after putting a splitter on the only feed I had, voila pictures.
The problem, yesterday I changed my ISP from Sky to VM and now I get a lot of interference on the cable pictures when the internet is in use. It is definitely to do with the internet connection because I can force the interference by doing a speed test etc.
I assume that I need to change the splitter so does anyone know / recommend the type of splitter I need. Is there a special splitter that separates out the two signals or is there something I need to add that will stop signal coming back from the router to my box?
Hope this is clear, any help appreciated, thanks guys in advance…

What splitter are you currently using at the moment which is causing the interference? Picture?

I'm reading how this type of splitter is recommended:
Â*
5-2400MHz 2 way splitter

I'm using this one from screwfix
ae235

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 PM ----------

Do you think the power pass has anything to do with it?

How many times do you want to split it?

If you only want a feed for your internet and your zgemma then personally I would only get a splitter that splits it into 2 rather than a 4 way splitter.
Or maybe it might be weak signal, has anyone else got any knowledge of this issue occurring?

Burley, thanks for your time with this. The reason for 4 way was I live close to screw fix and they only do a 2 way and a 4 way. I was thinking of maybe getting a USB tuner in the future so would need at least 3 way. I agree though about signal loss. I'm going to try the 2 way tonight. I have also ordered a 2 way with DC pass so I'll feedback how I get on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Where have you plugged the splitter? I have a 2 way splitter less than £2 on amazon plugged in the wall plate in my room where the feed comes into the house

Last edited:
You should be using a splitter in the range of 5-1000mhz and no more always try and get official ones is possible such as this: Tratec co-axial splitter - 2 way | eBay

a splitter that is open to full range say 5-2400mhz is also open to interference from other objects nearby that work in a similar frequency range such as Mobile,DECT Phones, other receivers, using a correct frequency one will block out all the unwanted possible interference

Guys thanks so far, I have been and got the 2 way from screwfix fitted it just under the wall plate about 100mm from the isolator. Only had chance to do a quick test, the long haired one is watching telly, but it went well, no interference. Thanks again.

Just watched the best game of the europa league so far, glitch free and no interference what so ever.
Can only assume there was too much signal deprivation with the 4 way splitter. Everything fine now so thanks lads and thanks to my suppliers. Job well done.

Next problem, timeshift.
Does anyone else have problems when timeshift spans two programmes? My box gets confused and then crashes.

I have a similar problem with VM and using a splitter; the superhub router causes interference with the tv signal on my box whenever uploads happen.
I've got high quality quad shielded copper cables and tried two different splitters - a 2 way 5-2450mhz and a 4 way 5-1000mhz splitter and both have the same issue (both have DC power pass).
There is nothing wrong with the signals to the box, SNR is 99% and AGC is 92% on an average channel, it just drops to 0% whenever uploads happen.
Was the solution here to use a splitter without DC Pass? Or just to use a high quality branded splitter?

people may forget using internet with big file uploads or downloads will have an effect with bandwidth used,so do later after tv say in snooze time?

Search fleabay for 5-1000mhz splitter :

Try the Konig one - they have been reported to work just as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back