Broadband

Yep definitely, but some people only have apartments or one beds etc that's why I included the router
I managed to get a free booster/extender. Handy if I ever need it. But yes apartments should be okay for just one router.

I have broadband downstairs in my house. I bought a new router so i can have internet upstairs as well. I know the internet can do for both up and downstairs but I bought this modem for IPTV in my bedroom. The only think is I cant get it working. it's a tp link modem. it's this one TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router | Ireland (harveynorman.ie) I have it plugged in but the orange light is flashing. The wifi is on all right but the orange light is blinking. Do I have to configure it or something? I read the manual and it doesn't say what to do to stop the light from blinking

I have broadband downstairs in my house. I bought a new router so i can have internet upstairs as well. I know the internet can do for both up and downstairs but I bought this modem for IPTV in my bedroom. The only think is I cant get it working. it's a tp link modem. it's this one TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router | Ireland (harveynorman.ie) I have it plugged in but the orange light is flashing. The wifi is on all right but the orange light is blinking. Do I have to configure it or something? I read the manual and it doesn't say what to do to stop the light from blinking
Usually when blinking orange lights on routers means it’s trying to sync up is there a setup guide for you to pair with an existing router

If it's literally just for iptv in your bedroom then a mesh system/extra router are probably overkill, something like THIS ADAPTER will give you a single wired connection that you can connect your streaming device to.

I recommend asus mesh system. I have that with VIRGIN and they are brilliant. MAx speeds with max coverage pretty much.

First thing to do whichever package you go for is DITCH any free router you get a buy your own.
Also as mentioned a mesh set up is well worth as little as £90.. A real wireless game changer

I’ve just got the deco m4 set £104 for when we get virgin next month.
Could you not put the virgin router into modem and just use a mesh system that way??
The M4's work great for me with VM. Wish I had got mine a lot sooner.

We don’t get installed till 27th feb but put them onto my plus net at moment and don’t have any issues with coverage or dropouts
For the money they are a great buy I only have the twin pack but no issues at all and VM did send me the new hub 5, 3 attempts to get it connected to the Deco m4 so much for the improved wifi on the vm router :LOL:

How come you're changing to VM? For better speed?
Tbh our by line can only handle 37mbps max and they won’t replace the old copper line due to full fibre roll out so vm just been put on our street so gone with them mainly for better speeds as kids like gaming and streaming.
When kids do any of the above the speeds downstairs are pants.

Back