Windows Vista Bsod: Irql_not_less_than_or_equal

FERGUS Gman has you on the right track. w/o saying "I agree"... I like what he's having you do... hopefully that'll ease ye mind some. I'm about 95% sure it's either the RAM or the mobo.. leaning about 75% to the RAm. :)

I'm also leaning more towards RAM than a MOBO issue. And not just because it's an easier place to start. lol

just having a read through this, did you get sorted ferg?

had a problem myself during a reinstall recently, seemingly vista doesnt like if you have more than 2 gs ram installed while doing updates from scratch, bloody nightmare

i was gonna suggest a reflash of the bios, itll reset your oc settings alright but wont harm whatever you have installed, something maybe to try if the memory tests prove ok and if the ram is oc'd too.

Thanks axxxo. I actually just switched out to my other RAM module and am going to run it for a few days by itself just like I have been doing with the other. As for the BIOS, I just flashed and upgraded to the latest to try and solve the issue but it didn't help.
Right now everything is stable and the problem has not resurfaced, which as know is good and bad. I am glad its gone for now but I am afraid that it will return.
Thanks to everyone for the help and I will keep this updated as things change. :)

At the moment pretty much everything is back to original. Both RAM modules are in as well as all my HDD and ODD drives. Thus far the issue has not resurfaced. I know I should be happy about that, but I am not as I don't feel that I done anything to really resolve it. And I am afraid that it will return at an inopportune moment.I wish that I was able to offer up a fix for this type of issue but I can't as of teh moment. Thanks for checking in Axxxo :)

As an update, at the risk of jinxing myself and the problem coming back again, I do think that I got it sorted. I believe that it was my modem that was causing all the fuss. The issue had returned since I last posted on here and I have been trying to get it figured out. I remembered that we had been through some storms earlier with quiet a bit of lightning, and that the phones had popped a couple times. I changed it out to an old one I had and thus far things are good. Whose to say it will not return tomorrow, being the luck I have. lol Thanks guys :)

glad to see you got it sorted ferg - at least for the mean time!
Hopefully that will be the end of it for you.

Back