BT blocks

lamblamb

TK Veteran
my info is there is nothing magical going on in regards to bt being able to block all streams.

you cannot do it online but phone em up and ask them to turn off "net guard" on your account.

google "net guard" by all means, very few hits but its there and real and may also be active on your account (y)

I've just been on to BT.... after their waffle about checking for Broadband faults and asking is my line working ok, they then ran some diagonstics and eventually told me that there is no Net Guard active on my line and then wanted to send an engineer round to see if they could help my issues with streaming 'whilst on netflix and other tv players' as I'd told them..... My vpn doesn't seem to lift the BT Blocks though that are stopping me getting my IPTV channels

My speed test says I am getting 48mb to router but my WiFi devices and even my LAN cable devices all down at about 21mb even PS4
Is that BT throttling my speed?

My speed test says I am getting 48mb to router but my WiFi devices and even my LAN cable devices all down at about 21mb even PS4
Is that BT throttling my speed?
No phone them up and tell them you are getting below minimum speed!!

What speed is your router saying you get,?
If its 21 screenshot it and send it to them, they can't argue with their own equipment reading
Its 48mb to router
Thats what I meant by, to the box

Its the when u run speed teats from devices (phones, laptop, ps4) its saying 20 odd
Used to be fine and fast

Log in to your router! Then advanced and log in as admin, you should have password in agreement! Disable the smart hub, you can disable the firewall as well, but that's your choice! I did, after that save everything and restart the router, then try!

Its 48mb to router
Thats what I meant by, to the box

Its the when u run speed teats from devices (phones, laptop, ps4) its saying 20 odd
Used to be fine and fast
You said BT test said it was 48 to the box,
Go to your router settings and check the speed yourself.

The BT test is from the BT app when I login as admin password and test speed.
I Can see all the devices that are connected to router in either bandwith as some devices like smart heating and lights are on lower bandwith.
Nothing on there that shouldn't be lol
Not to worry
Thanks for advice though

The BT test is from the BT app when I login as admin password and test speed.
I Can see all the devices that are connected to router in either bandwith as some devices like smart heating and lights are on lower bandwith.
Nothing on there that shouldn't be lol
Not to worry
Thanks for advice though
Turn off a lot of your dumb home stuff and run another test, sometimes that crap can run amok looking for settings that haven't been sent to it.
If the box is showing 48 then something your end is eating it up, the box tests are usually reasonably accurate.

Back