bt ipvt freezing issues?

was wondering if anyone can help last 1/2 weeks my iptv has been playing up. whatever i am watching will work and it'll freeze 10 seconds in and then work again then freeze and will keep repeating itself. I have two boxes its never happened before. one is wired and one is wireless. using bt so not sure if they have blocked the speed to my device because when i check the link rate from my router to my device its 0 however any other device connecting to my wifi is like 800mbps odd link rate. i know other people with boxes who are on vm and its fine however mines just wont work and i know someone else on bt and there's isn't working either and doing the same thing as fines. is anyone else having problems with this on bt or maybe know what might be causing the issue. its been fine up until the last 2 weeks or so. thanks!

Check your websafe settings are turned off, BT have a habit of turning them on.

Update your devices - and try to recall if you updated both recently before the faults surfaced.

Check your websafe settings are turned off, BT have a habit of turning them on.

Update your devices - and try to recall if you updated both recently before the faults surfaced.

how would i turn off the websafe? can i do that myself or is that something they need to do (bt) sorry i'm not very tech savy

Okay i switched safeguard off. before now I don't know if they have ever been on before and they have switched them on. says it'll be off within 2 hours. I've not updated them at all I'm sure they normally just update because when i go check it says i'm on the latest update version but i dont know if i need to do something manually and actually update it myself

With BT you need log into the router then advanced and log in as admin! Once in you can disable smart hub and disable firewall! I have and have had no issues with IPTV! The admin login is with you BT agreement details

So I’ve followed these steps and I’m still getting the same old working for 10 seconds pausing then working again then pausing, this is happening wireless and wired

These are probably not the cheapest answer but they do work.

VPN routers can get them on Amazon for £17 for lite version or £60 for pro version from Liberty Shield then pay £50 for year subs. Just tell them who your ISP provider is and they configure it and you just plug in and use.

Probably better off though just downloading something cheaper onto your device like surfshark.

So someone I know has vm so I tried my box with there ISP and it’s worked fine no issues, no freezing whatsoever. So it’s seems like it’s a bt problem but I’m not the only one with issues with bt, does anyone else have bt and getting freezing issues every 10 seconds or so? Stopping and starting

With BT you need log into the router then advanced and log in as admin! Once in you can disable smart hub and disable firewall! I have and have had no issues with IPTV! The admin login is with you BT agreement details
That would be my first check. Then add a vpn before starting to mess around with suppliers. I was using BT with a VPN up until around 10 days ago and had no issues.

Last edited:
So latest update is that I’m going to buy a vpn as this should sort my problems. Would I download the vpn app on my iptv box or would I buy the code from a website and manually put it in on the iptv. Sorry for the questions guys just never had to do any this stuff before just abit confused. Thanks for all you’re help so far

Back