Budget 55" TV - Any Recommendations?

Openboxcy

Happy New Year everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice in regards to getting a new 55" TV for the living room. Current TV is a Samsung I've had for about 8 years but now has light spots appearing, loads of similar stories online with Samsungs.

Anyway, looking at getting a new TV but don't have lots of cash to get one. Keep seeing Hisense TVs (A6K etc) but not sure if they are any good for a living room TV that gets alot of use?? My son has a 32" Hisense in his room for PlayStation etc and it's a decent TV, like I said just not sure if these TVs are decent enough on bigger screens etc? TV is only used for IPTV/Freesat and general apps like BBC iPlayer etc.

Any recommendations would be great. Maximum spend would be around £500.

Thanks

I bought a TCL C750 during the Black Friday sale. I had a similar budget to you, did loads of research on it before-hand and I’m really happy. Probably one of the best you can get for the price before the jump up to 900/1000 quid for a high end one. They’re still going for the Black Friday price on Currys at the moment.

8 years for a tv is pretty darn good in my opinion. With the way tech is moving these days a tv bought today will not be much good in 8 years time

I had a Samsung and a high end Lg,both were ok, the Lg was the first to go,the screen went on it,the Samsung packed it’s bags after 5 year’s, a young guy who is simply a tech marvel ( was building his own desk top computer at the age of 10, and then started repairing all his school teachers laptops for them too) he told me to buy a TCL tv the next time I was looking for a new tv. So that’s what I did, I got the Android 4 k one smart,you can ask the tv google questions or simply talk to the tv,to switch channels etc,it’s simply brilliant,color,sound,clarity,putting apps on,I’ll hon say it’s better than both the Korean sets, I paid around the 400 quid mark,I’ve had it a year and I honestly would buy another for all the high end features it’s got..4 k movies on it like on Netflix are a dream to watch,you see every blade of grass,now pop a sound bar to it,and it’s simply Fantastic,I tend to keep the sound bar only for big block buster movies like the Meg..wow..yeah give it a go,don’t pay for the expensive Korean jobs.. Go TCL I took his advice,by god he was right,it’s a stonkin tv,mine came with a minimum 10 year warranty….C

I had a Samsung and a high end Lg,both were ok, the Lg was the first to go,the screen went on it,the Samsung packed it’s bags after 5 year’s, a young guy who is simply a tech marvel ( was building his own desk top computer at the age of 10, and then started repairing all his school teachers laptops for them too) he told me to buy a TCL tv the next time I was looking for a new tv. So that’s what I did, I got the Android 4 k one smart,you can ask the tv google questions or simply talk to the tv,to switch channels etc,it’s simply brilliant,color,sound,clarity,putting apps on,I’ll hon say it’s better than both the Korean sets, I paid around the 400 quid mark,I’ve had it a year and I honestly would buy another for all the high end features it’s got..4 k movies on it like on Netflix are a dream to watch,you see every blade of grass,now pop a sound bar to it,and it’s simply Fantastic,I tend to keep the sound bar only for big block buster movies like the Meg..wow..yeah give it a go,don’t pay for the expensive Korean jobs.. Go TCL I took his advice,by god he was right,it’s a stonkin tv,mine came with a minimum 10 year warranty….C
10 year warranty.

How did you manage that ?

I usually buy for Richer Sounds for the 6 Year Warranty.

Back