Burn in screen?

channelking

Hi guys

Noticed in both right corner of tv screen there is logo of the channel burned into screen. Can only assume family who watch sat keep on same channel most of the time.

Is there anyway to remove it or is this burn in permanent on the screen?

Thanks.

Hi guys

Noticed in both right corner of tv screen there is logo of the channel burned into screen. Can only assume family who watch sat keep on same channel most of the time.

Is there anyway to remove it or is this burn in permanent on the screen?

Thanks.
Replace the screen as burn mark will be on the inside

I have and talks about opening while tv up.

Some say rubbing the screen to see if burn goes.

Hence why I asked if anyone had burn issue and managed to remove it.

Believe so about 10 years old. But screen is horrible to look at now with couple of burns.

Used the on board tool on TV for burns, had on for half a day. Meant to reduce the burn but actually seems to gotten more worse.

Hate these issues and not able to do anything about it to fix it.

it was a famous fault on plasma years ago, it was cheaper to buy new tv rather than fix plasma

Ye read about it plasmas notorious for burns.

Think new TVs like OLEDs are same as well.

LEDs and LCDs only ones which dont have burns if not wrong.

Is there not something about turning on white
Static in the settings for 24 hours so the black and white pixels move across the screen to remove the mark

Not sure what its called but there is a tool/feature on the TV which I got told about which I turned on and its supposed to make the burn minimum and even in some cases get rid of it.

I left it on for roughly 12 hours as I believe that was the minimum time and even after that period burn has become more visible than before.

Did you follow the guide? as i have a pioneer kuro plasma over 10 years old and never had issues.Best always to research things before buying like screen burn and ghosting image.
How to get rid of image burn-in on an LCD display

I have followed numerous guides mate. Turning TV off from mains. Doing this static thing from the tool built in on TV.

Brother bought from his mate at that time which was in mint condition no burns at that time and was meant to be really good plasma at that time.

I know if you keep on same channel for long period of time that is how you get burns on plasmas and OLEDs. Which is what family do with same channels they watch.

from google
Do you have an xbox 360? Leave it on the music visualisation thing for a few hrs, that should sort it out....

If you have either of the Ice Age dvds, give them a play. 1 1/2 hours of bright white screen usually does the trick.

Failing that, use a un-tuned analogue channel with snow on it - same thing....

Panasonic Viera.screen burn - Google Search

No xbox but have PS3.

The static tool I have used is pure white screen with something moving across the screen. Had left on for most of the day to no effect.

Have played some blu ray movies on PS3 with white background for few hours also with no effect as burn still is very visible. Logo seems to been burnt right into screen now it seems.

Ok will get image showing the logo that is burned in screen. There are other burns but are not as visible so will be hard to be seen on picture.

Back