Buying a house and want to have a reliable internet connection if every room

gazc87

Hi lads and lasses!

As above I am buying my first home, a 1920's end of terrace house, and need a bit of advice. A little bit about the layout, the sitting room is downstairs which is connected by a hallway (where the master bt socket is) to the bathroom and the kitchen. Upstairs the master bedroom is directly above the sitting room, the second is above the kitchen and the third will be a walk in closet so I'm not really fussed about the internet connection in there but if it's easy and not expensive I would like a viable wireless signal in there also.

The second bedroom is where my PS4 is going to be so ideally I would like a wired connection in there. The master bedroom will end up having a tv, a wd tv live and a skybox in there.

I have no clue about getting ethernet sockets set up, I was thinking maybe I could run ethernet cables from the main socket via a ethernet switch, I would at least need four ethernet options for the sitting room (smart tv, wireless hard drive, PS4 and a sky box) but would like to future proof as well. For the master bedroom I have a skybox, WD TV live and eventually a smart tv. For the second room a smart tv and ps4.

Is there a feasible way to do this and would I lose much mbps running cables throughout the house?

I am moving from 76mbps to 11-18mbps :(

any help and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Can't post links myself but check out the site its very easy 1 cable out of router into plug then adapters in each room u need Ethernet, u can buy 2 or 4 out put adapters so can Ethernet the TV and ps4 from a single adapter... U can also get pass through adapters so u don't lose the physical power socket also

Back