cable box

jc12

guys i have ntl box in my house can i buy any cable box with a slot put my ntl card in the slot and watch the same stations only true my new box i am thinking of getting a hd cable box if this works. ntl charge 5EURO extra for the hd box dont want to give them any extra money for ever ps thats 5 euro extra pm

Wont work jc :(

You could buy a set of wireless tv receivers without another box.

You will only be able to watch the same channel as the main TV though. Eg, If you are watching bbc1 etc, then the person in the other room will only be able to watch that channel.

There was something I saw about a Nagra 3 cam on sale on ebay and it was N1/N2/N3 capable but would only clear what you had subbed for as in it didn't have any type of emu etc. No idea if it would work though myself. I assume you could put that in a DM or other. I'll see if I can find the link mate and you can have a look see.

Here you go man
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nagravision-Common-Interface-CI-CAM-Module-Modul_W0QQitemZ150426759489QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL?hash=item2306223141

Also heard of some getting oscam or similar to run n3 card on Dreambox. Seemed a long and arduous process though to be honest.

Oh one thing I thought about though jc mate is that you would have to sub to their HD service to obtain the HD channels and I would presume they will charge you the extra fiver anyway?

Last edited:
Back