cable boxes

Can anyone recommend a cable box thats simple to use? It's for my father in law and he's not very good with technology.

Eddison OS mini or miracle box hybrid both single tuners with a 2 year warranty
Or forum sponsor has cable receivers.

Last edited:
Hi are there any ways in which you can double up vm rather than adding sky to a combo box to be able to watch and record at the same time or is it just best to get iptv on top of vm so I can record from vm and watch iptv. I was PM'D from a vm reseller stating they provide 3 lines but if this can't be done that's only good if you have 3 boxes. If someone could clear this up for me it would be highly appreciated thanks.

I'm just a little confused if this will work as there is only one original physical line does this need splitting to allow the second connection and are there any boxes you can recommend for twin cable tuning.
Thanks

Twin cable tuners need 1 cable, this then loops off the back of the receiver into the other tuner.
(Some receivers it splits inside)

Take a look at the mutant HD51, twin cable, very good receiver, very fast. You can always add IPTV to it at a later date (I don't use it, don't see the need too, unless your a crazed football fan)

Last edited:
Watch 1channel, record 1 Channel.
There is a possibility of recording more channels that are on the same transponder, this is something you will see when you actually start playing around with it.

Looking to upgrade my Venton Unibox. Its been a good test box but want something for the main room.

Only looking for Cable Box with Internal Hard Drive. A 1xTwin or 2xDVB-C is fine. Here are my findings I would appreciate any help. I already have the technomate in the spare room its fine for that but want something better???

Dreambox DM820HD 2x DVB-C/T2 Twin Hybrid Tuner PVR ready Full HD 1080p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver
GiGaBlue HD Ultra UE Linux Enigma 2 HD PVR Triple Tuner COMBO Receiver
Mutant HD51 4K UHD H.265 HEVC DVB Twin Tuner Linux Enigma2 Digital Receiver
VU-Plus-Duo2-Duo-2-1x-Twin-Tuner-DVB-DVB-C-T-T2-HD-Enigma-2-Linux
Technomate TM Nano-SE M2 Plus Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Triple
OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners

I am aware of all the prices, would like some really good feedback if you have or had any of those boxes. Include poor criticism.

I've found the Gigablue to be really good for my needs. Takes internal hard drive, has a nice LCD screen that displays channel picons (not massively important but a nice feature if it's for the main room), and has been solid apart from when I've been pissing about with it and broke a setting. :grin:

After reading this thread a few times

I've gone for the Xtrend ET8500, brilliant box with dual tuners for cable and one sat tuner. Was easy to setup if you're experienced, there's a beginners guide too somewhere here also.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I am interested in the edision os mini twin sat tuner. i want to replace a sky plus box, but from reading through this thread some people think their are better boxes for the main viewing room, so i am looking for advice, i am totally new to all of this, so i do not know if i can say what i want to try and do, but here goes, i want to get the best box i can afford around 250 euro, i would like to wooshbuild it with an easy step by step guide. I have a 2 in 1 laptop and a 32gb memory stick, if i need anything else i will get it, is their a box i can get that is better than the edision and i can step by step set it up myself, totally new to all this technology but willing to learn, just want a good long lasting box for main viewing.

I am interested in the edision os mini twin sat tuner. i want to replace a sky plus box, but from reading through this thread some people think their are better boxes for the main viewing room, so i am looking for advice, i am totally new to all of this, so i do not know if i can say what i want to try and do, but here goes, i want to get the best box i can afford around 250 euro, i would like to wooshbuild it with an easy step by step guide. I have a 2 in 1 laptop and a 32gb memory stick, if i need anything else i will get it, is their a box i can get that is better than the edision and i can step by step set it up myself, totally new to all this technology but willing to learn, just want a good long lasting box for main viewing.
That's a Sat only box, Edision also do a cable only or combo box which has both sat & cable. Very good boxes at a budget price, just depends on if you want cable only or combo.

what is the difference between cable and sat box, as i have two cables coming into my sky box i presume i would only need a twin sat box and not bother with a cable box.

Back