cable issue not clearing channels

Dp4

I have a z gemma H1 box and I used to have it all setup but not used it for a few month and wanted to get it setup again.

having a problem getting this setup it's probably a fault at my end but wondered if anyone knew anything about how to possibly fix it.

I have connected box up , got my test line ftp'd onto it - it's from a reliable provider and I am 99% certain the line is fine. The free to air channels clear ok , but none of the pay channels will clear . I am using mgcamd 1.38 and have tried restarting it several times. The provider has even sent me the mg_cfg file and the newcamd.list as well as me trying them

Ran auto bouquet scans and it says it picks up 378 (think that was the number) channels . When I try to go on any of the pay ones nothing happens. Tried another scan without a splitter as well as I know that can cause problems.

snr says 98% on all the channels , the free ones that clear and work ok with no issues but none of the pay ones that don't

I have tried setting the box up again with a fresh image same problem

Only difference between the last time I used this box back in Feb is that I now have a super hub 3 from virgin media and I had a super hub 2 before so I am thinking it could be something to do with that as I am pretty certain it is not a signal or channel scanning issue. I have tried replacing the ethernet cable just in case but that didn't do anything and I can see activity on the cable from my hub

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Hello again ;) From CKs? Your net ID waa right too wasn't it. How's your ABM set up? PM me if want my mg_cfg to try

Have you tried manually setting the box to different DNS servers? Like google's for example? 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8

Try restarting your network,menu/setup/system/network/device setup/restart network/ok.
Hope this helps.

yes bangord ive had this problem on my box m8,tried rebooting box and router
but it didnt asign the ip,only way i found was to restart network on box
worked a treat lol.

I'm sick of looking at the router lights I've rebooted both that many times .

tried the google dns settings and still no luck

net id is definitely right , 00010 teesside which is my area and the abm says that.

I've also done a ful scan of the channels not using abm and it finds a good few hundred as well.

Still cannot figure out where I am going wrong.

going to try a different line just in case and should be able to take the box up my dads tomorrow and test at his to see if it works there or take his working box to mine and try that.

Dp4 did you try what i said on your box m8.
go to menu on your box/setup/system/network/device setup/restart network/ok.
Hope this helps.Teds.

---------- Post Merged at 09:05 PM ----------

i have to do this on my zegamma now and again,can get freeview but not
sly channels till i resart network.see if its getting an ip menu/setup/system/network/device setup/restart network/adaptet settings
see if it has assigned an ip if not restart network like i said in above post.

cheers for the advice mate but still the same after doing that several times.

definitely picks up an ip address as well.

tried another line and same problem so definitely a fault connecting to my superhub 3
Dp4 did you try what i said on your box m8.
go to menu on your box/setup/system/network/device setup/restart network/ok.
Hope this helps.Teds.

---------- Post Merged at 09:05 PM ----------

i have to do this on my zegamma now and again,can get freeview but not
sly channels till i resart network.see if its getting an ip menu/setup/system/network/device setup/restart network/adaptet settings
see if it has assigned an ip if not restart network like i said in above post.

after messing about and some help from people on here I have finally got it clearing channels using oscam. Still will not work using mgcamd but at least I have a workaround.

cheers for all the help on here.

Back