Cable Line + which box ?

No, you will still get channels 1-5 (SD versions only) clearing without a line.

Hopefully you're scanning with the Autobouquetsmaker plugin and not with Automatic scan.

At this point, you should have changed Tuner A to not configured via menu > setup > service searching > tuner config... If you didn't change this then you'll get a tuner failed message.

Before scanning with Autobouquetsmaker, you should have also gone into providers and enabled V*rgin UK (set it to YES) and added your area underneath.

Will try it again later, but I think tuner A was not configured

My cable signal always shows zero on the signal finder,

Did you try the other Net id ? 00013 ? symbol rate 6887 ?

If you haven't got a signal your next best option is to run IPTV on your box.

I only entered the Net ID not the symbol rate.
Have you got the symbol rate for Net ID 20 please.
If you don't enter the symbol rate it won't scan ?
Thanks
PB

If you leave it on cable brute force step, you shouldn't need to change the symbol rate - I never had to unless it's an area thing?

Yeah, symbol rate is 6887 for both Net Id's

Then scan using ABM ( That's Auto Bouquet Maker ) :grin::grin::grin:

Zgemma users, don't ya just love em :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Hello guys, just to update you all with my box, I still can't find any channels on cable but it works on DVB-T2 so at the moment it's good for Freeview, one of my mate's who has the same box is going to set it up at his house to make sure that I have done everything right, and then will bring the box back to mine and see what happens this will prove if my feed to the house us dead or not.
Another thing the area that I might be moving too has Hyperoptic services for the cable, does anyone know if I be able to use my box on that service to pick up VM or something ?
Thanks again
PB

Hope you manage to get it sorted - did you try both net id's as suggested without changing anything else in tuner config?

Did you go over my guide with a fine tooth comb? ... easy to overlook some steps.

Hope you manage to get it sorted - did you try both net id's as suggested without changing anything else in tuner config?

Did you go over my guide with a fine tooth comb? ... easy to overlook some steps.
I have gone though your guide over a few times taking one step at a time, have googled it too watched youtube vids and all the help on here too and still no luck, so feed to the house is dead I think.
That's why next weekend my mate is going to set up the box at his house then we will bring it here and try it.
PB

Ok guys, just to update you all on whats happening with my box, ok I took it to my mates house and it worked without any problems.
So all this time I have been trying to set it up on a DEAD vm FEED at my house !
Just now seeing if it's worth having vm back in for a few months before I move !
Thanks guys who have help me on this tread and many many thanks again
PB

That's a shame but I had a feeling that may have been the case with the cabinet being relocated. I think VM offer the best broadband packages - you could take out one of them and carry them over to your new house (if VM is available there) ... you could even get reconnected and cancel within the 14 day cooling off period if you chose to then you'll only pay a small amount.

Hello group, as I can't use my box for VM as my line is dead, can anyone point me in the right place for IPTV sub and how to set it up please.
Many Thanks
PB

Back