Cable to IPTV for E2 Boxes.

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

Well sky sports channels are gone so what's the best way to set up an E2 box for IPTV ?

Currently using Openvix.

My server will allow lines to change format between the two services so that's one less hassle.

I have used the XCplugin in in the past but the layout was a bit crap, wasn't impressed.

Went for an Android box with STBEMU pro on and the layout is nice and straight forward as a back up.

Would I be better just replacing the E2 boxes with Android ?

Is there a better method with a descent EPG for E2 boxes ?

There is also instructions for Putty and a script on his website but couldn't get this working last time I played around with it which was a few years back
so i'n hoping things have moved on a bit by now.

Any pointers will be a big help

cheers

bees

it depends on your iptv provider, me for example all my iptv feeds are in my EPG so I have the Cable bouquets and then the IPTV bouquets.

How do you set up though ? Putty and a script ? XCplugin ? M3U files ? something else ?

Will have a look at the script and putty, couple of fanily members have E2 boxes
but they need to be easy to use with a decent EPG or they will drive me up the wall.

How do you set up though ? Putty and a script ? XCplugin ? M3U files ? something else ?

Will have a look at the script and putty, couple of fanily members have E2 boxes
but they need to be easy to use with a decent EPG or they will drive me up the wall.
We use a plugin that installs, updates, removes the IPTV service

Making some progress, sports back on, script enterd using Putty.

So got bouquets same as my adroid box, says to use cross EPG and SKY Uk to set up the EPG
but EPG is blank, so no recording facility at the moment.

Or use jedimaker plugin that’s another method that way you could use the same format on android box/firestick shield/tv

Can you give me some more info please ?

Like where do I find it and how to I load it ?

I would go with jedi as you can select which bouquets to install has catchup enabled on it if provider supports it has epg url so most sly channels on iptv covered by that epg then just use epg importer to import rest of your iptv epg

Would this thread help you?

Think I'm sort of getting there, if I can sort the EPG out it will be a bonus.

So i've installed the Jedi.IPK file, not too sure what to do next though.

More Reading Probably !!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Think I'm sort of getting there, if I can sort the EPG out it will be a bonus.

So i've installed the Jedi.IPK file, not too sure what to do next though.

More Reading Probably !!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If you go to the link there is a section on jedi maker. I have used it but not that familiar with it.
I think its just a case of adding server url and username and password
If I remember rightly the `text` button opens up the virtual keyboard - lifesaver!!
saves trying to do it with the bloody remote

Last edited:
With tests I did sometime ago on E2 box found jedi maker use to crash box alot when changing channels.

Maybe was because had old firmware/image not sure.

Not had best of luck with IPTV on E2 box.

When using old outdated firmware you will run into problems as most plugins ect are updated and when your firmware on box is not it won't be able to handle the updates like people's boxes that have uptodate firmware on

When using old outdated firmware you will run into problems as most plugins ect are updated and when your firmware on box is not it won't be able to handle the updates like people's boxes that have uptodate firmware on

Thats true hence why I think was having issues on jedimaker before.

Haven't had many issues with most iptv plugins ie. IPTV bouquet maker, jedimakerxtream and Xtream editor.

You may have issues with early versions of the plugins or beta that's what testing is for to help improve the plugins and always check for newer versions.

Iptv on enigma2 is never going to be perfect as the streams don't restart like they do on android, enigma2 was never designed for iptv but for sat/cable then adapted for use with iptv. Users need to lower there expectations when it comes to iptv on enigma2 but it does work.

Recording can be hit and miss but we have e2istream for watchseries and vod so not a major issue.

Back