Can anybody for see this?

visiondvd

I reckon when the footy starts back, Bt giving out free sport with broadband contract, will set the ball rolling.
I reckon Sly will shit a brick and reduce the overall price of their packages to combat this.
They already giving out free tv and broadband for 12 months.
So when you consider all the options, possible £10 p/m packages against £10 payservers, who you gonna go for?
Now throw in Virgin and you have a cat fight.
Overall Sly are going to have to take on bt and payservers , and the only way I see is to reduce the price of tv.
Anybody else have any input, feel free to post.

Dont think so mate, i remember ITV did this and went bust

A friend of mine is a b2b sales director at an organisation that works with BT - He was telling me that this is only the first step for BT, they have been sitting on the countries infrastructure for years without really expanding, gaining mass amounts of money in the billions.

He said that there plan is to roll out Infinity 100 to over 95% of the country within 10 years, developing an internet based TV service in the process which will eventually compete with Sky. The fact that they are offering the new sport channels for free with Broadband shows how serious they are. When the next BPL rights are for sale, I expect that BT will be competing with Sky for the the majority share.

I've just seen that sky are planning on putting prices up by at least 10% in september this year. this has prompted me to look for alternatives and thats what led me here!! now looking at different STB's so i can sack sky and their rediculous prices once and for all!!

whatever you think, competition against sky for footy rights isn't a good thing for paying subscribers because they are both going to be putting in monster bids every time to try and secure the contracts which means the price gets passed down the line to the consumer and everyone's bill goes up.

whatever you think, competition against sky for footy rights isn't a good thing for paying subscribers because they are both going to be putting in monster bids every time to try and secure the contracts which means the price gets passed down the line to the consumer and everyone's bill goes up.

I can see your point but if you have one company monopilising it all then they can charge whatever they like anyway.

Back