Can I clone new box off old one

eiei0

Hi All

I have my h.2s working well on wooshbuild v5 and I have 3 new boxes I need to set up, how can I copy the golden box let's call it and set the other 3 up exactly the same, I know I will need to change the lines but can I copy everything else easily ???

Thanks,

Hi,

USB stick with a file called "backupstick.txt" on it.

Shove in front, and then blue button, find complete backup in the menus. Select the USB colour button (Green perhaps? - will be obvious on screen). it will take maybe 5 mins.

Then stick it in front of the new box and power on - hopefully it says FLASH on the screen. If not it might say USB something. If so press the power button on the front of the zgemma and now it should say FLASH.

Once finished its all done. Go in and change the line details.

Once you do the backup on the gold box you may have to plug the pen drive into a pc/laptop then go through the folders & rename the files 'noforce' to 'force'. there is probably one under zgemma, H3, etc then another under a folder with the date & time as the folder name. Then plug it into the new box & power up & should say FLSH on the display. Wait til it says boot & remove it & plug in the drive you are going to use for timeshift & recordings in the back & initialize the drive & setup timeshift. Then run AB & CrossEPG.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi

Would you need to add new clines on this or can the same ones be used on the new box?
Issue I have is the box i want to clone, i dont have root password so it probably will end up with a bricked clone!

i chuck
if u make a backup of your box image
ur line should be in the backup but u will after check with ur provider if u have multi room?
hope this helps

Hi Lee
Yes there is multi room capability which I cancelled some time ago but the cables are still there so it should work?
Also will I need the root password?

User = root, password leave blank. Changing the noforce to force just means you don't have to press the front button to start the flash.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the box was preconfigured hence none of the defaults for the root password work(I have tried them all!)

When the hell is changing the default passwords on these box when reselling?

When he says multi room he is referring to your line (gift). Some lines will only work for one box, other lines are happy running two or more boxes at the same time in the same house. Each box needs it's own connection to the internet via a network cable, homeplugs or wireless (wireless being a last resort).

Thanks for the clarification Wooshman! As you can tell I am a bit of a newbie at this but keen to learn. Seems like it's pot luck wether the lines will work or not then but as a project I would like to try to set up box if not this way then as a new box using your build!

You can simply create a complete backup of the box, or simply do it from scratch following the WooshBuild setup instructions. Total time bout 30 mins. Also your password will all be default.

Last edited:
Thanks Wooshman, correct. Your build makes it all very straightforward. It was the lines I was intrigued about in terms of transferability to another box (i.e. And not having to purchase 'gifts')

Back