Can i flash my Zgemma with filezilla?

Hi Guys,

I have flashed my S2 and other numerous times with no problem but I have a new H2S box here that will not flash (unless its old software) ive tried 3 different imagesand all 3 fail, ive used HDDguru and did a low level format plus a windows slow format ive done the thing with the power button but the box goes straight to boot.
My question is, can I send over the files via filezilla?? and if so which files and where do I put them? ive been playing with this box nearly all week and ive got no where, please help

You can and for ease you need to put the image zip file on the USB stick which should be in the box. Then flash online / local. Local being the option you would chose.

My question would be why is it not flashing from USB?

On the USB stick, you must have the folder
zgemma
which has a folder called h3 in it
and in that are 4 or more files.

Yep I've got that, it will flash the image for the s2 no problems at all , currently it has your image on it but for the s2 and I've added in the cable following some other instructions but my epg has no numbers like that so I was going to start a fresh with the correct image. I've also tried 2 more images and they won't flash either, but s2 image will , weird!
I was wondering if I can just FileZilla it over??? And how to do it

Are you using the h2s image not the 2s images

---------- Post Merged at 02:31 PM ----------

And you can ftp the zipfile to media/hdd

It will flash using 2s but not h2s

---------- Post Merged at 03:09 PM ----------

So if I ftp it to media hdd do I just restart the box to get it to flash?

I'm not sure how it works with opentv but on vix I have a directory of media/hdd/imagebackups and place the zipfile in there then Menu, setup, vix, imagemanager and highlight the zipfile and choose restore

Hi dsayers, Apologies beforehand for hijacking this thread but I hope you and others can help, here is my image of my media/hdd file off my zgemma star h2 running openatv5.0, as in tommydevlin's query, my box will not flash any image I try, I have tried different usb sticks, sandisk, Toshiba, verbatim, Kingston etc etc . The image I want to flash is openatv 6.1 but alas will not flash image through a usb stick. Can I clarify with you in what you say is do I put the zip file in the hdd or just the zgemma file from the zip file, ?, and if I do what you say what steps do I take after that ?, thanks in advance and hope it makes sense :) lol !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-11-14 14.15.43.png
    Screenshot 2017-11-14 14.15.43.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 214
Apologies to all for my previous post, all info is, as they say " right in front of you" o_O, thanks to dsayers and Wooshman for knowing what they're talking about :(y): !!!! .....

Back