Can I plug ethernet straight into the VM Router Superhub?

Spangles

Hi, sorry for the very noob question but I've always plugged my receiver's ethernet into a TP Link Router which is then connected to the VM Superhub 2. I think I read this was more secure but now I'm wondering if it was in my imagination.

Can I just plug my XPEED receiver's ethernet straight into the Superhub 2?

Thanks for any advice.

PS (I did a search but couldn't find an answer)

My box is plugged straight into my hub2, just make sure you have your firewall setup on your hub2 via 192.168.0.1

Hi nwdaniel, thanks for replying. Do you mean the Firewall on the actuall VM Superhub that is enabled by default or a Firewall on the XPEED Receiver which I would download as a plugin?

My Superhub Firewall is enabled but I don't have the plugin on my receiver, I'm just wanting to make sure.

Thanks again.

I have the 152 speed from virgin and a superhub [latest model]. Plug the ethernet cable into the last socket next to the internet in, cable, unless you are using a wired pc then the pc cable would take priority and the cable from your box will move to next socket. Firewall is by default so no need to play around---just plug in cable and reboot router and box.
Reaper.

Hi reaper, thanks for replying with that information. I have the VM Super set to wireless and I have placed the receiver ethernet onto a free port just above the one for the modem only mode. I'm getting a picture fine, I was just worried about VM recognising data packets or some such thing. I don't have to worry about that?

Back