can i use this memory together

micko55

i currently have a dell 8250 dimension 533 mhz i have two samsung pc 1066 rimm rambus rdram non ecc 128mb sticks total 256mb as this memory as this memory is pritty expensive i have decided to buy some pc800 rimm rambus which is compatable for this machine the question i have is can i leave the pc 1066 memory in and add the pc800 memory or will there be a problem any advice wouid be very much appreciated thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you're sure that memory is compatible with your pc there is no reason, as far as I am aware, you can't run them together because they will be recognised as seperate memory anyhow.

Last edited:
Dell Dimension 8250
Technical specifications:

Memory type: PC800 or PC1066 RDRAM (non-ECC)
Memory slots: 4
Memory sizes: 64-, 128-, 256-, and 512-MB non-ECC
Max. Memory: 2GB for PC800 RDRAM, 1.5GB for PC1066 RDRAM
Notes: Memory must be installed in matching pairs. All slots must be populated with memory modules or CRIMMs. PC800 in systems with 400Mhz system bus, PC1066 in systems with 533Mhz system bus.

here's the specs for the memory you should be using

the memory in your machine is running in single channels instead of dual channel so its ok to install ram individually but ideally it should be done simultaneously and the same sizes and manufacturer

let us know what happens anyway.

ps mods might edit out the smileys in the first post as i dont think they were intended to be there :)

from what i can remember there no point in running two driftrent speed of mem as the computer will run at the slower speed you would need to check this but i am 99.9% sure it cant run at two speeds so it runs at the slower

from what i can remember there no point in running two driftrent speed of mem as the computer will run at the slower speed you would need to check this but i am 99.9% sure it cant run at two speeds so it runs at the slower

That is correct Hadmad.

Check out this site:

Code:
http://www.crucial.com/uk/?click=true

Scans your system, looks at the type of RAM you have and the compatibility options that you have.

well done micko, at least you learnt something new, now dont be a stranger in the forums (y)

Back