Can the H2H be used for terrestrial only?

Willo3092

VIP Member
A family member likes the look of my H2S and asked if you can get one to use with an aerial because she has no satellite dish.
It is advertised as cable/terrestrial 'Two Tuner DVB-S2 + DVB T2/C Hybrid Tuner' but I've never seen any posts regarding terrestrial only.
Is this even possible and if so do you still use autobouquets and epg importer for the epg?
I do realise that there is only 1 cable tuner.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I had no idea and can't find any relevant posts.

Thanks in advance

Willo

Interested to see the reply, recently bought the H2s 2016 model and was interested in the hybrid, should we ever get cable!

G

To answer my own question, I think it's probably possible to use an H2H as terrestrial only although there is obviously only one tuner.
I've just bought a HMP-Combo DVB T2-C Hybrid USB Tuner and plugged it into my H2S and got the full freeview channels on DVB/T.
After manual scanning a new 'Last Scanned' bouquet is created which I renamed 'Terrestrial' so I've now got 3 working tuners and full EPG.
I was just unsure if the Zgemma range could only work with cable and satellite but they will also work with terrestrial too just in case this helps someone else.

I've just gone to tuner configuration chosen tuner tuner b and have the option to change tuner type and switched it to DVB-T2 I haven't checked if you can use autobouqetesmarker to scan freeview

if your box mentions dvb/c = vm cable provider.
dvb/t/t2 = aerial usage as in saorview or freeview

if abm gives you a location to scan it might work?

Hi Willow,
I'm a complete newbie. A couple of days ago I was thinking about getting a HdHomerun for recording/streaming TV at home but came across Enigma and Linux boxes, particularly ZGemma. Like your relative, I only have an aerial, no satellite dish. A couple of questions:
- When you say you have 3 working tuners, do you mean the satellite, the integrated DVB-T and the USB tuner?
- Am I right in that there's a integrated DVB-T in the box?

Thanks
To answer my own question, I think it's probably possible to use an H2H as terrestrial only although there is obviously only one tuner.
I've just bought a HMP-Combo DVB T2-C Hybrid USB Tuner and plugged it into my H2S and got the full freeview channels on DVB/T.
After manual scanning a new 'Last Scanned' bouquet is created which I renamed 'Terrestrial' so I've now got 3 working tuners and full EPG.
I was just unsure if the Zgemma range could only work with cable and satellite but they will also work with terrestrial too just in case this helps someone else.

I have an H2S which has 2 satellite tuners. I've added the USB tuner and that has given me an extra tuner for cable or terrestrial.
The H2H has a satellite tuner and an integrated cable/terrestrial tuner.

BTW the tuner I bought was from here if anyone is thinking of getting one. Uses the same driver as the Optimuss opticombo one that zgemma uk used to stock.

Back