CAN VU+Duo (NOT 2) handle IPTV?

atiq1

Please forgive me if this question have been asked before but just wondered if I can possibly use it for IPTV. Recently loaded the latest version of openvix 5.0.025. Any Idea Guys?

Yes it can.

On E2 boxes I use the Xtream plugin.

Just add the plugin to your box, ftp just like adding a line.

Add the config file the same way.

There are other options but this method is pretty straight forward.

Hi Bees! Had been away from Sat scene for a while so please ignore my lack of knowledge. But what is E2 box, is it another name for VU ?. Mine is VU+ Duo which was given to me by a friend recently. Is there any "how to" guide to help poeople like me who are trying to update their Knowledge.
Thx.

An E2 box is an Enigma 2 box, there are many makes of boxes like VU, miraclebox, gigablue for example.

Basically they can all run the same image, in your case Vix, regardless of who made the box.
So they all look the same from a menu point of view.

There aren't many guides about as you can do it so many different ways with lots of different devices.

If I was in your position I would look at maybe loading something like the Xsream plugin to your box
then loading the config file that goes with it.

They ftp to the box in a very similar way to adding a line to your box.

Thanks Bees! How could I not decipher "E2". Of course, I am awarw of Enigma2 phrase. I shall give it ago and try to wrestle with Config file

An E2 box is an Enigma 2 box, there are many makes of boxes like VU, miraclebox, gigablue for example.

Basically they can all run the same image, in your case Vix, regardless of who made the box.

There aren't many guides about as you can do it so many different ways with lots of different devices.

If I was in your position I would look at maybe loading something like the Xsream plugin to your box

Do you run iptv through a vu duo with vix by anychance bees? I've tried and mine keeps crashing. Ive tried to set up atv, but i'm not sure if i've got it 100%. I've tried 2 different skins but neither seem to work properly with the latest version of atv.

Some iptv suppliers provide a script and instructions how to add it. It's really straight forward if you can use a computer.

Yeah I would also recommend just using a basic set up. Skins can cause
problems and slow things down.

I'm using a miraclebox with Vix.

There are different ways to set up IPTV, your server will normally give you some instructions.

This is my set up

Download Xtream plugin
FTP to Etc - Enigma 2

Open the config file with notepad

Put in username and password

FTP to Usr - Lib - Enigma 2- Python - Pugins - Extensions

There is also scripts as mentioned and M3U files.

Hi Bees
Regarding images, do you know if the Duo (1) would run Wooshbuild - is it more or less demanding than Vix - I have Vix on mine at the moment but recently installed Wooshbuild on a new ZGemma H2S and quite like the interface?

Not unless the base build is for your box. (The flashing image)

So Zgemma will have Zgemma images and just get tarted up.

Edision will have an Edision image and get tarted up.

Etc, so if there is a Wooshbuild for your VU you can use that but not the Zgemma build.

Back