Cannot Restore iPhone XS

clusterfoot

I bought my daughter an iPhone XS just over 2 years ago but last week she came to me and said it had just switched off.
I powered it up and it went straight to restore logo, so i connected it to iTunes via my PC.
It gave me the option to update & restore so i started the process, everything was proceeding up until the time to restore the phone.
iTunes stated it was ready to restore phone and the phone turned off and rebooted to the Apple logo.
But after 10 seconds the Apple logo went off and the phone rebooted to the Apple logo again severing the link to iTunes.
iTunes then stated it was waiting for iPhone and then bought up the message "cannot restore iPhone error 4013"
I went to a recognised Apple service provider and was on the phone for over an hour to the Apple helpline, neither could establish what the cause of this fault was.
The only thing they could agree on was they wanted £530 to fix the issue even though they didn't know what the issue was???
Fair enough the phone was out of warranty by over a year but after paying £1000 for it you would expect to get more than 2 years service before it packs up.
After trawling the net there seems to be a lot of "iFix" sites out there and i am just wondering if anybody has tried them or recommend one that might work with this issue
otherwise i'm left with a very expensive beer mat.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks..

Cheers for the link mate, tried DFU, also different genuine cables & 2 PC's, even considered a jailbreak just to see if i could get access, that's why i'm thinking about these iFix sites as if i go down the Apple route and shell out £530 i may as well get her a new phone.

I’m at a loss then mate sorry as dfu mode usually fixes all issues. The only other thing which I can think of is ensuring that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC as restoring with older versions sometimes causes issues.

A jailbreak won’t be of use as the phone needs to be on to run the app and also the latest one for that phone only supports iOS 14.3 or lower.

Yes i know the Jailbreak's a non starter, bit like the phone, i'd better sort something out quick as my daughter is using a battered old iPhone 7 with a battery that has the power output of a shagged out firefly :-)

Nice one Smiffy46, have tried all the (4013) error fixes, still no good, I'm not genned up on iPhones but I'm guessing there's an issue with the boot sector of the "chip" in the phone and that it's either faulty or has been corrupted. Will give Dr Fone a try, see what they have to say, thanks for your contribution, cheers mate.

I AM JUST WONDERING IF YOU EVER GOT THE ISSUE FIXED WITH THE I PHONE?
Hiya mate, sent it to Apple and they couldn't fix it so ended sending me another one for about £500. Not a good outcome but the replacement is behaving itself so far🤞

Back