Cant flash via usb H.2s, please help

Please go easy on me its my 1st post. Got a brand now box yesterday and for the life of me i cant flash it. I have used two different memory sticks, both low level formatted with HDD and then formatted to fat 32 . I have tried the both the rear and frount usb sockets. Held the front power button whilst starting the white button on the back. Tried to turn it of and on 4/5 times. Its doing my head in, can anyone out there recommend a solution. The memory sticks (2 x kingston 8gb & 32gb) are perfectly fine as i use them all the time.

thanks in advance

i use sandisk 4gb cruzerblade never failed cheap also but reformat after every flash

---------- Post Merged at 10:52 AM ----------

Also make sure only Zgemma folder on stick

Please go easy on me its my 1st post.

We all started somewhere, mate. ;)

Like has been said, just the zgemma folder on the stick. It can't be contained within another folder. Also, instead of holding the front power button, just switch on at the back, then when USB appears on the front, press the front button once.

Last edited:
There WILL be a folder inside another folder.
Download the zip.
Unzip and copy the zgemma folder to usb.
It will contain another folder which will contain 5 files generally.
Force
Imageversion
Splash
Root
Kernel

Hold off til about 8 tonight. Latest vix with skin and numbered epg's. Has latest streaming engine

Mate im just desperate to get one that flashes, just need some firmware that works. If no then ill be sending this box back, im no Albert enstien but i do have a good grasp on basic tech. Cant even get the damm box into flash mode. bought a brand new memory stick and still no difference. Its making me go bazai. I take it the format of the USB is fat 32 and not NTFS?,

happy days

Yeh fat32.
Thousands of posts the same as urs dude with these boxs. Its theyre only problem tho. It aint the box. Its just that it corrupts the usb mbr.

Yeh fat32.
Thousands of posts the same as urs dude with these boxs. Its theyre only problem tho. It aint the box. Its just that it corrupts the usb mbr.
so the million dollar question is what the solution. Is it just a case of switching the white button until the box reconoises the usb??. Sounds like a bit of Russian roulette mate. So format the usb to fat 32, should the zgemma folder have a sub folder like my zip has (s3 in this case), and then the actual files. I guess the folder is 's just called zgemma??. This firmware is well flakey then. Can you offer me any other practical advice please , before I totally loose the plot on a Saturday night. Cheers

The box isnt recognising ur usb so u have 2 options.
1) reformat with hddguru and then windows. Both times untick quick.
2) sent the openatv zip (its vix really) to /hdd/imagebackups and do it that way without usb

---------- Post Merged at 07:00 PM ----------

Ok.
On dcc open. Find box. Open /hdd

so many people have problems when trying to flash... most of the time its because the instructions dont tell you about 1 step to take #if your usb wont flash:-
full format usb thats going to be used to flash with hddguru (its free go d/l it) then full 32bit format with windows....now your usb is ready for the image to be loaded...load image then go flash your box!

Last edited:
Cheers for that , on baby bath duties now so I'll try later. Wis me luck

I'll be about. Maybe better downloading again when ive Posted latest

Evening all, ive been down the hdd road and then a low level format, im in the process of doing one at the moment. If you could post some firmware that works then at least i can unzipp that one. What a total pain in the backside, guess it will be worth it in the long term. Happy to go down the ftp route. just need to get the IP of the box which should not bee that hard, got it all connected via eithernet anyways. Just make sure im not getting my xbox, WDTV live box confused.

Gonna be flashing mine when it arrives Monday/tues. I've got brand new Sandisk ready....by reading the posts on this thread I guess it best practice to do a full format of usb to fat32???

also just to check I'm on the right track get the firmware (openvix) from zgemma.tv site > flash it to box> follows bees guide of setting up e2 box> ftp kiddacs slykskin> ftp server. Does that sound about right or not?

I know about mounting usb for epg and download the cccams/mgcamd before ftp the server from the plugins section

do I still need to set up something called swap file? I think I read that on the wooshbuild guide??

Shiv your on the right track if you are wanting to build your own image, most just use the backups on this site as most of the work is done for you, simply download the backup you want (openatv or vix) prep your usb ready for flashing then load image onto it, follow instructions/guide that come with the backups, if you use a backup then you dont need to get any firware or anything just start the flash process.

Thanks

all this time I thought you have to a flash image before put someone's back up on the box! So basically a backup has the image and configured settings done? I.e tuner configurations,epg settings,skins,etc.

if possible could you tell where I can get a openvix back up with slyk skin ?

Back