Can't receive vertical channels (HD movies) on Blade box when sky HD box is on

satlk

I am having problems with my installation. I have added a third satellite feed from the quad lnb to feed a blade BM7000s. There is two existing feeds for the sky+HD box Everything works fine apart from the vertical channels on the blade are not working when the sky box is powered on. It appears that the two boxes are fighting each other. When the two feeds are unpluged from the sky box the HD movie channels work. I suspect a faulty LNB but I haven't a spare LNB to check. Any other possible causes?

Thanks.

Last edited:
No splitter. Quad lnb with 3 of the ouputs being used. two for sky +HD and another for the BM7000s.

Have tried spare port and swapping feeds around to no avail. Its as if the boxes are sharing a single feed and are fighting each other. I'm hoping its an LNB fault. I have ordered a new LNB and will try it at the weekend.

Sounds similar to the Openbox/Skybox problem which needs the diode fix.

Is your current LNB a Sky installed Zinwell/Visiblewave type?

yes it's a standard sky installed quad LNB. I was reading about openbox problem and it does sound very similar. When the lnb power is turned off in the sky installers menu the blade box vertical HD channels will work. I assume the that the higher horizontal voltage from the sky+ HD box is leaking to the LNB and therefore the blade box cannot receive the vertical channels.

Last edited:
Finally got to the bottom of the problem. Tried an openbox instead of the blade which worked. Then tried another blade box which also worked. Measure the vertical voltage of the openbox at 13.5v, original blade box at 14.3v and the other blade box at 14.2v. The horizontal voltage of the blade was 18.9v which is kinda on the high side also. So it appears the the voltage of the blade box was slightly too high. So I tried a new quad LNB and the blade box worked. I guess some LNB's are more sensitive than other when multiple boxes are connected

Back