car drivers take note.

cactikid

VIP Member
ok folks that time of year again when your car gives trouble,we had a opel astra towed in cause of not starting due to 4 litres of extra oil topped up due to oil leakage:whacko:most cars are fitted with dipsticks [ drivers included ] who cannot do a simple task,that can be a fatal killer for car ,oil drained out and refilled to correct level and multi odd tipped plugs dried [ odd ball service with odd makes of plugs fitted] car was started and run for about 15 mins with back doors of garage open to let the smoke escape,funny no one called 999 lol.
now for a lot of you money is tight but if you use a car it needs to be running at its best,winter is the greatest time of strain for your car,a fresh oil and filters change makes a big difference to the running of your engine and note using the proper grade,pollen filters are things that are forgotten and when stuffed reduce the blower strength to keep windscreen clear ,new wiper blades a must to see where you are going,antifreeze good and strong to protect engine,another overlooked item is windscreen washer additive protected to -15 or lower used neat,why because water bottles freeze and do in the frozen pump and no clearing screen when you need it most.
slick tyres are cool but have no use in winter as you need rubber to grip ,i have fitted my car with 2 m & s tyres ready for the snow but have found better grip even on wet roads. now the real killer how many of you have bulbs gone on your car as i might be riding your ass soon as i did not see you because you have not bothered to check!remember bulbs may light but be well faded and not be seen from a distant,please find out what are fog lights and how to use them because blinding somebody with rear lights will make them in well pissed off and maybe road rage.
battery if more than 3-4 years old may need replacing as its going to be tested to its limits again with heated rear window,internal blower lights and wipers on .
blankets and snow shovel and grit and salt time soon do you have any,last of all keep all your windows clean as they get dirty quickly reducing visibility.

Good sound advice cacti (y)

I have two sets of tires, one set strictly for summer and one set for winter time, I've never been a big fan of all season tires.

it depends where you live,we only get the odd bit of snow last year and the year before 8+ and could just about drive on ordinary tyres and only trouble was when you pulled into side of road you would get stuck,handy shovel in boot lol.

Back