Cat5e staple gun recommendations

loncell

TK Veteran
Can anyone recommend a staple gun and staples suitable for standard outdoor cat5e cable. Its for a one off job attaching white cable to soffits.
It doesn't need to be a professional job as it's a one off but I know it will make it far far easier.
I always get confused with cable staple guns which do which. I have a Rapid28 gun but it looks too narrow

I just use telephone cable clips
They fit the cat 5 cable
It means if you ever need to move the cables
Again its easily removed

I dont want to use cable clips to bulky too much faffing BT guys use staples for phone lines on your skirts.You can adjust the power on the gun.
I have one for phone line cable (thinner) and it doesn't crush cable. Problem is, it's just not wide enough for Cat5e, it nicks

Ok thanks again I've noted that down,
So again regarding cat5e stapler,

Has anyone used the Tracwise 1153 for stapling cat5e ?, its manufacters notes say perfect for cat5e. Seen them on Ebay £23.99

So have you got one or used one and you can recommend it ?, quality, doesnt jam up staples, doesn't over compress power strength etc. I'm after recommendations from users thanks.

If anyone can recommend a decent cat5e cable tacker please let me know

tacwise mains staplers are pretty good. not so much the cordless ones, always had issues with them failing after a few months.

you should be able to get insulated staples.

I got the tacwise combi cable tacker;
Robot Check
today and tried it on some cat5e to some wood. the CT-45 staples are a bit small but the CT-60 are perfect for the job. Set the gun on min power and dont push down on the nossle of the stapler. the stapler nossle slot guide clears both sides of the cable comfortably and the U shaped staples go in with very very little compression to the cable, if any, alot less compression than when the BT guy staples phone line to your skirts.
I would strongly recommend the stapler for cat5e to anyone doing long runs to wood plastic etc rather than messing around with cable clips and a hammer

Back