cccam 2.3.0 Vs mgcamd 1.35a

woody565

Hi all,

I have been trying out some different servers recently and have noticed that the box becomes less responsive/sluggish when using an Nline, with a Cline this are much smoother (epg load times, channel hopping faster etc)

The Nline is the most stable in terms of glitching but I prefer the box running smoother with the cline

Is this normal or should i look at changing some settings.

Thanks

Dan

I've been doing the same with the same results, I'd also be interested to hear from anybody on this [emoji106]

Mgcam uses the mg_cfg folder in keys, cccam does not, look at your mg_cfg folder and do some searching here, if in doubt just replace it. More noticeable if you don't have a decent upload, I.E. fibre broadband

are you referring to the difference between different clines and nlines. or are you referring to the difference between using the same line in CCcams and then trying that line in mgcamds. If the later I find CCcams better with a nline despite the fact that mgcamds is meant to be faster due to caching. CCcams has always played better for me.

Last edited:
are you referring to the difference between differnent clines and nlines. or are you referring to the difference between using the same line in CCcams and then trying that line in mgcamds. If the later I find CCcams better with a nline despite the fact that mgcamds is meant to be faster due to caching. CCcams has always played better for me.

Yeh exactly that mate, was running my Nline with mgcamds, and this made the box slower.

Since put the Nline into CCcam and it is working great. Didn't know you could do it.

Thanks to all for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like dsayer says though, mgcamds comes with a config file, there are many things you can tweak in it like log files, box type, etc etc. I have tried many different variations that are meant to be the perfect config. But CCcams is still my softcam of choice.

I've tried most options and I've got to say my C line runs great in CCcam. I'd say it's just as good as my N line as in terms of a few occasional glitches but slightly quicker/smoother.
People say N lines are better but with all the servers I've tried I would say it's 50/50. [emoji3]

Its the old argument dangerous. Its not whether you use clines or nlines, its not whether you use cccams or mgcamds. It all boils down to how good your server provider is.

Hi I'm trying to add (manually) a cline which I was using on my openbox v8s for 1 will the same cline work on the zgemma star 2s or am I wasting my time??? If it will work how the hell do I put it in manually as I have no cccam configure file in file explorer please help doing my head in [emoji22]

What image are you using? Is it a backup from here ccam.cfg should be in usr/keys that's for openatv vix it should be in etc

Yeah using a pre made vix image which flashed okay just can not find this folder to put cline in manually

It should be in etc folder

---------- Post Merged at 07:54 PM ----------

Try ftp method easier to navigate around the files

Okay thanks I'll put my glasses on and try find it...
Will the same cline still work even if it's from my openbox???

8b0f38045dde33d535ec645bdfd02bba.jpg

Back