Ccleaner

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else notice this?

Just spotted the Ccleaner icon popping up temporarily in my system try today (XP Pro) & then noticed that all my stored login details for many sites\forums were wiped.

I don't intentionally have Ccleaner set to startup with the system and can't see any setting within to stop it either!

Without removing it completely, how to I stop it from doing this? (latest version by the way)

-

Odd, that's not happening for me (win7) nor have i ever noticed it to do that on my desktop (Vista) either.

You are correct as i cannot find a setting to enable/disable the program on initial start up either.

Odd one indeed.

Did you hit the option by accident in the recycle bin by any chance?
Im on the latest myself and use it often and have never noticed that happen either.
There is an option in the settings of ccleaner to run on startup is this what your talking about?
Capture.JPG

I also have not had this happen to me, I have not updated to the newer version so that may possibly have something to do with it. I will run the update now to the newer version, if I have anything like that happen in the next few days or so I will post here. I would check the setting axxo mentioned, and possibly uninstall-reinstall but I guess you will have tried that already.

what is ccleaner by the way?

Hi j4v3d

CCleaner is a small, effective utility for computers running Microsoft Windows that cleans out the 'junk' that accumulates over time: temporary files, broken shortcuts, and other problems.
CCleaner protects your privacy. It cleans your browsing history and temporary internet files. Allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft.
CCleaner can clean unneeded files from various programs saving you hard disk space, remove unneeded entries in the Windows Registry, help you uninstall software and select which programs start with Windows.

It is also freeware j4v3d

There is an option in the settings of ccleaner to run on startup is this what your talking about?

I have that off axxxo so it isn't that.

This happened a day or two ago (wiped all my login details for everything) but I didn't know what done it.

It was only by chance today I spotted the Ccleaner icon pop up momentarily & as soon as it went all my login details were wiped again.

Ah! I've just come across this and it looks like it's tied to Firefox?

Click "Cleaner" on the left side of Ccleaner's interface and select the "Applications" tab.

Click to place a check mark next to "Cookies" for the option for Firefox/Mozilla to delete the text files that are saved on your drive when you visit a website. The cookie file keeps track of details such as your user name. Cleaning the cookies is not recommended if you have log-in information saved that you don't remember or don't want removed.

Hi j4v3d

CCleaner is a small, effective utility for computers running Microsoft Windows that cleans out the 'junk' that accumulates over time: temporary files, broken shortcuts, and other problems.
CCleaner protects your privacy. It cleans your browsing history and temporary internet files. Allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft.
CCleaner can clean unneeded files from various programs saving you hard disk space, remove unneeded entries in the Windows Registry, help you uninstall software and select which programs start with Windows.

It is also freeware j4v3d

can anyone share the link with me please?

I get ya now, i dont ever save any log in details or passwords anyway so maybe thats why ive never seen it happen personally as i have all those options checked bar the compact database one.
I still dont understand though how its ran by its own accord

Ccleaner

Just incase you had mot noticed j4v3d , the freeware version is under the VISA signs on the Priority Support download box.
Version 3.04.1389 (2,962 kb)
"- Download from Piriform.com"

This could be related too even though it's an older version?

Ive tried to find anything related to this myself with no luck other than people on firefox forums saying to uncheck everything in ccleaner related to firefox as its well capable of looking after itself without a third party wiping its bum so to speak :)
Ive since unchecked everything related to firefox in ccleaner now myself, ill leave it like that for a few weeks and run ccleaner again to see if there is any difference in the amount of data it cleans from firefox.
Still though again nothing mentioning as to why ccleaner took liberty to start running without being asked!
Maybe a bug, registry or memory error somewhere?

I have never noticed this myself either. Its weird that it would run on its own. Hopefully it is/was just a fluke and not a direction the program is taking.

not too sure but i may have had the option in firefox 4.00 beta8 but not popped up yet for me,are you running that also?

Back