CCTV without hardwired internet.

Hi, hoping someone can help me out here.
I recently bought a Swann cctv. I need to connect it all up in the garage which is approx 10 metres from the router. I did a dummy run in the house, hard wired the Ethernet cable , got it running to the mobile app no problem. I then took it the garage and wired it to a home plug but it won’t connect. My question is will a more powerful home plug work than the one I have ( Davolo 500mbps ) or have I wasted my money unless I start a major job drilling and have to install it in the house. TIA.

If your homeplugs are working correctly it should pick it up.

Test something else in the home plug to make sure it’s working.

If your homeplugs are working correctly it should pick it up.

Test something else in the home plug to make sure it’s working.
Hi thanks for the advice, yes it works with another device in it, noticed in the garage it flashes green then red as if not picking it up so I reset it flashing green but still saying failed to connect.

how far do the home plugs say they will work apart?
Ok, I’m gonna have to come clean and award myself the dub don of the year award.... forgot to click the socket for the seAndre in the house to on , d’ohhhh, all working perfect now, thanks for your replies.

Ok, I’m gonna have to come clean and award myself the dub don of the year award.... forgot to click the socket for the seAndre in the house to on , d’ohhhh, all working perfect now, thanks for your replies.
we all do stoopid things sometimes,
its worse when you cant sort it and as soon as someone else looks they press the button straight away, :)

Ha ha meant dib dob ... predictive text.
we all do stoopid things sometimes,
its worse when you cant sort it and as soon as someone else looks they press the button straight away, :)

Back