Changing 'Timer and Autotimer' to 'Record and Record Series'

Willo3092

VIP Member
I'm running the latest Wooshbuild 4.04 Alpha with Kiddac's Slyk1HD 4.03.
I've changed the 'Timer and Autotimer' to 'Record and Record Series' so that my missus can work it.

It's nothing technical, just a matter of find and replace in the epgselection.py file (The one from Kiddac's extras folder).
If anyone wants to try it I've put a link below from my NAS with instructions.
No programming has been altered, just the text labels.
I've got it on 3 boxes and not had a problem anyway.

Download Link

EPG Options.jpgMultiEPG.jpg

Last edited:
Used your file last night pal. Had a look through it myself. Was easier to find the text on your py file than original and managed to change mine to say Series Link. I am very happy now. My own personal build is coming on nicely now. Thanks again

---------- Post Merged at 07:40 PM ----------

Will this work on a Vix image? and how would I install it?
Not 100%sure it will work on vix but should do. To install, ftp it to your box into usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens. Delete Epg selection.pyo then upload this file overwriting file that's already in there. Then reboot

Will this work on a Vix image? and how would I install it?

This will only really work properly with Kiddacs Slyk skin so if you have that installed it should be fine.
I've adapted an OpenATV one too, don't know if that will work on Vix. Might try it later or tomorrow.

Just done this now willo, checked my file against yours and changed everything I could see had been changed on your file, I now have the record and record series text, cheers for that pal!
No reason this won't work on vix the file in kiddacs Dropbox works on atv and vix so just changing a few line's of text won't mean it will only work on one and not the other, I'm using vix myself and using willo's amendments everything is working fine.

Last edited:
Hasn't buggered anything up but it also hasn't changed anything either. :(

You rebooted your box and not just turned it on and off? It's working like a treat here and er'indoors is very happy. It's always the simple things.

I tell a lie, it's working now thank you.

Got the other half to 'reboot' it while I went for a comfort break and she just zapped off and back on... But yeah, all in order now. :)

Alrhough I don't support or promote 3rd party hacks, the differences between vix and openatv epgselection.py is very little. I did compare the 2 thoroughly before adding the file to my dropbox. So this will work perfectly fine on vix or openatv.

This hack will also work for any skin and it isn't specific to slyk skin.

I've changed the 'Timer and Autotimer' to 'Record and Record Series' so that my missus can work it.

It's nothing technical, just a matter of find and replace in the epgselection.py file (The one from Kiddac's extras folder).

Download Link

View attachment 17938View attachment 17939

How do u get the now next more tabs in your 2nd screenshot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use the zg remote so don't know if there's a dedicated button. I set a button up on hotkey settings to multiepg.

Download Link

View attachment 17938View attachment 17939

Looks superb but link won't let me download the file

XSONY_NGUX - your inbox is full.

XSONY_NGUX said:
Is it possible you could send me a sky skin you edited because i really like the one where you changed the slyk1 (credits go to kiddacks) which you made it appear as 'sky' in blue in the top left corner.

i really want mine like that but i dont know how and i have a h2h so please help me

It's part of the Slyk1 skin, not something I have done.
There is a file called extras.xml in Kiddacs dropbox that you edit and copy to \usr\share\enigma2\slyk-1-hd

XSONY_NGUX - your inbox is full.

XSONY_NGUX said:
Is it possible you could send me a sky skin you edited because i really like the one where you changed the slyk1 (credits go to kiddacks) which you made it appear as 'sky' in blue in the top left corner.

i really want mine like that but i dont know how and i have a h2h so please help me

It's part of the Slyk1 skin, not something I have done.
There is a file called extras.xml in Kiddacs dropbox that you edit and copy to \usr\share\enigma2\slyk-1-hd
what do i edit when i copy it to the location you mentioned?
thanks for getting back to me

Back