WooshBuild Channel Signal Apparently Drops and Screen goes Black

Macone157

Hi
Not sure whats changed but getting good signal, but channel seems to just drop and I get black screen,. I then go to another channel, then come back and the original one is back on
When its black I check for a LAN connection and its OK so I am getting signal but this keeps happening across any/all channels.
It can go black after 1 minute or 10 minutes, no rhyme or reason, driving me nuts
Any ideas would be grateful
Thanks

Hi
Not sure whats changed but getting good signal, but channel seems to just drop and I get black screen,. I then go to another channel, then come back and the original one is back on
When its black I check for a LAN connection and its OK so I am getting signal but this keeps happening across any/all channels.
It can go black after 1 minute or 10 minutes, no rhyme or reason, driving me nuts
Any ideas would be grateful
Thanks
May be low Broadband Speed?
Check speed with Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Why Is My Internet So Slow?

Are you referring to sat or iptv
IPTV
Getting 85MB at the router to the zgemma. so I thought that would be enough of a signal?
When it drops, I test speed on laptop at same time and still at 85MB
I switch channels and everyone is ok, I then go back to dropped channel and it fires up straight away..but then erratically it may drop in 2 minutes, 5 minutes or 20 minutes.
Each time I test and bandwidth there so not sure whats going on

Have you ran a speed test on your box? as running a speed test on your laptop is different to running a test on your box have you spoke to your provider about the problem your having

Press green for plugins green to download plugins then extensions and look for e2speedtest if not in there maybe in system plugins install it open it and run a test how is your iptv setup? You could always take a trial to rule out box or broadband issue

OK been testing for a few days, basically the receiver is getting 80MB when tested with the plugin, and still goes blank intermittently. So signal is there.
I just flick to a new channel and immediately back again and it appears again
Changed cables, changed receiver and still same so I'm baffled. Not sure if incoming fibre router can be doing anything to wipe a signal for a millisecond?

OK been testing for a few days, basically the receiver is getting 80MB when tested with the plugin, and still goes blank intermittently. So signal is there.
Changed cables, changed receiver and still same so I'm baffled. Not sure if incoming fibre router can be doing anything to wipe a signal for a millisecond?
If you have child-safe and web-safe options on your router disable them to see if that makes a difference.

Have you tried a test from another provider? more importantly have you contacted your current provider?
This will rule out box/provider issue

Don't be fooled into believing a decent internet speed means a good service.
You need to check jitter and packet loss as they are more important than speed.
A lot of ip's are throttling services of late so that may be your issue.
Get a test from another source or try your service at a different IP location to check it.

Thanks everyone, been renewing cables and looks like the issue. But will get speeds tested as well from another location thanks

Back