Channels down Sky Arts 1+2 HD/History HD/Crime HD/Nat Geo HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No changes for my HD today, I still have ESPN HD, BT Sport 1 & 2 HD, Film 4 HD and RTE 2 HD all still working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still say BT Sport 1,2+ ESPN will stay for reason ive already mentioned, Film 4 HD is free to air, as for RTE2, Irish may not fall under the Sky umbrella?

EDIT: Someone did say (maybe on here) that it will all be done by the end of June, so maybe that's it?

Sky 3D is working OK

From 1st July the channel will broadcast 7pm-1am Monday to Thursday
Weekand broadcasts will remain the same 9am-1am Friday to Sunday

RTE2 will more than likely stay due to the BAI ruling that it has to be available to all and is not part of the HD pack

Done some research on the BT Sport / ESPN situation and it looks to me that they will stay for as long as SD does. Any BT broadband customer can have BT sport added to any old active sky card / HD or SD box even if they don't currently subscribe to SKY at all. Therefore these customer generate next to nothing for SKY so it would not be viable to give them new receivers unless BT pays for them which they don't seems to be able to or want to do.

Therefore the guy who says that they will stay will probably be correct.

anyone have a rough idea of when the hd channels will be back
6 months to a year is a rough idea but could also be 3 weeks on Tuesday for all anyone on here is likely privileged to know. All I know is it will hit users in the pocket somewhere along the line to cover costs of the changes that will be required.

6 months to a year is a rough idea

....based on wishes and dreams but no actual information.
Honestly, you know that it could be back in hours or years and that you personally have no clue when, so why attach a time frame to the beginning of your answer?!
Nobody has the first clue. That's the truth so let's at least all stick to facts!

6 months to a year is a rough idea

....based on wishes and dreams but no actual information.
Honestly, you know that it could be back in hours or years and that you personally have no clue when, so why attach a time frame to the beginning of your answer?!
Nobody has the first clue. That's the truth so let's at least all stick to facts!
It is a direct answer to a question. And in my culture we like to provide answers to questions seems a pretty worthwhile concept. However I base this information on past experience in similar areas of my expertise. I can however also advise it won't be back in an hour. And a guess minimum 6 months to a year is a reasonable level of expectation.

Not really an answer tho, more like speculation if you haven't got proof it's 6 months don't say it simple as.

Not really an answer tho, more like speculation if you haven't got proof it's 6 months don't say it simple as.
Read the question and the response in full am sure they compliment each other well enough to avoid any sort of ambiguity in terms of whether this is being passed as fact. No one on this forum is going to know an exact date as to when a fix will be released and all statements are opinion or 2nd hand information. Only exception to that is from some joker early on in the thread who stated categorically there will be no further channels being re-encrypted with the new codec and that he has insider knowledge to then be eating those words on a daily basis since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back