Channels down Sky Arts 1+2 HD/History HD/Crime HD/Nat Geo HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching sky news HD Now working fine.

I have said several times I expect bt sport and espn HD to remain, something sky cannot see past is although they may not get a paid subscription through card sharing, but everyone who uses a card sharing system still watches the adverts. Maybe BT clocked onto this and said leave it be?

More people watching thier adverts means they can sell the air space for more, and make more money.

I did say end of June all HD will be gone but was branded as someone pretending to be clued up when I knew **** all (despite saying the info was from my knowledgable source not myself). Pretty much everything has gone. Sky news HD one of the few still working.

You also said in April that they will all be gone in 2 weeks.

You also said they will all be gone by 10th June.

Talk about hedging your bets. LOL.

btw...there are still 8 HD $ channels that are clearing.

TCM
Film4
BT sport 1
BT sport 2
ESPN
Sky News
RTE2
Sky 3D

A little while ago Dave & Eurosport 2 were still working, but they have now gone as well.

What b*****ks. Actually maybe i did. No hedging bets or point scoring. Get my info from a source and report it. Im just a normal guy dont claim to be knowledgable on this stuff. The couple of weeks thing was my guess from what i was told. The june thing carried more certainty! Anyway lets leave it at that and hope sd stays

Last edited by a moderator:
All my HD channels gone now, a weekend of dreambox edit swapping and changing.
To get better quality though, just turn the resolution down on your TV and box, not HD but better than nothing.
In speaking to my line provider they have told me that have cracked one of sly's new codes and are well on with the other, they have not promised they can get HD back but are working on it.
However, going form paying £91.00 a month to sly to now £92.00 a year - that will do for me, I will put up with non 1080p HD

So am I correct in assuming that all of these channels left won't be affected as they're FTA (apart from BT Sport, ESPN and Sky 3D)?

There is no way of knowing for DEFINITE what Sky are going to do, BUT it does look likely that they are here for some time to come.
The fact that they are FTA really has nothing to do with it, if Sky didn't have so many customers who ONLY have the SD box, I am sure they would have switched everything over to the new codec, gotten rid of SD (where there is a HD alternative) altogether as they would not have to be transmitting as much, therefore costing them less.

I have edited the first page to show the remaining channels (thanks lac for the list) and the missing channels by category.

Can we all try to keep this thread on topic, do not ask for channel lists, post the word "thanks", as a post, etc. Also try and be respectful of others and keep the profanities (bad language ;) ) out of it. If you are new to this thread, read the first page, and maybe two pages before the last post to see if your question has been answered already.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

So am I correct in assuming that all of these channels left won't be affected as they're FTA (apart from BT Sport, ESPN and Sky 3D)?

The channels marked with $ in lac's list are encrypted channels. So that also includes Film 4 HD, RTE TWO HD, & Sky News HD.

All my HD channels gone now...

I'm still getting the HD channels listed in lac's post above.

Last edited by a moderator:
The HD retail info channel still works along with all of the Sky OnDemand channels that broadcast in the downtime of Sky3D and retail info. If anyone knows the download schedule its a good place to get HD movies still?

..tcm sd is ok, hd gone.. speaking of missing channels, a lot of my radio stations are not playing eg. gold, classic fm, to name but two, have frequencies changed,? boxes effected are my blade 7000s and kryptview 780, rescanning doesn't help, any thoughts?

..tcm sd is ok, hd gone.. speaking of missing channels, a lot of my radio stations are not playing eg. gold, classic fm, to name but two, have frequencies changed,? boxes effected are my blade 7000s and kryptview 780, rescanning doesn't help, any thoughts?

NOTHING TO do with HD channels gone and im guess they are cable boxes?

updated post 1 5 HD gone

Taken from elsewhere,
Although Sky 3D doesn't start broadcasting until later (5.00 pm - 7.00 pm) from Sky TV Listings it is showing scrambled, should be No Audio/Video same as BoxNation as it is also off air at present.
Best wait until later to confirm.

is 3d channel gone i just did chann update list of aj list 1/7/14 but no 3d channel im on f5s
box

Someone mentioned this last week and it was right at the very bottom of the entertainment section, not updated to this version yet so unsure but check there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back