Channels down Sky Arts 1+2 HD/History HD/Crime HD/Nat Geo HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sly will be changing their codec back in the next few months as this is only a trial and sports wont be going that im sure of sly having to many problems at their end dishing this out so don't worry plus a fix is on the way soon in the meantime and will be dished out threw a new firmware update but probably hit uk last as there is one already for Polsat being tested and works

I hope you are right.....
by the way. you said i would have them 50 skyboxes today.

Sly will be changing their codec back in the next few months as this is only a trial and sports wont be going that im sure of sly having to many problems at their end dishing this out so don't worry plus a fix is on the way soon in the meantime and will be dished out threw a new firmware update but probably hit uk last as there is one already for Polsat being tested and works

If Sky are having too many problems, then why are they continuing to apply it to more channels?

It makes no sense whatsoever to continue with it now, if all they are going to do is revert back later on.

The main problem sly are having is customers complaining bout channels freezing on them and its the hd channels they reckon this is due to the new codec update they have done the freezing occurs when people are watching an Hd channel then try to record a different channel its then freezing on the channel their watching.

Could this be the same as an overloaded server, the scrambled message which appears every now and then.

If I was paying sly a fortune per month and channels kept freezing I would go ape shit!

It would cost you £10 amonth just to have HD with S=y, then add your standard pack cost and add ons. If thats value for money you wouldn't be here in the first place. At £4 to £10 amonth with the servers we are getting here, and all the channels which would add upto around £120 amonth of service, losing HD is not a problem as long as we still have all these channels.

Probably take wee while yet maybe 3months but as satman says there is fixes out there but at the min very expensive to thrash out but the fix will def be doing the rounds before the sky change that im sure of and sky know there is a fix and what can they do as one sky guy said bit like the torrent sites we will never stop them or close them down cause the people do these things are experts in their field and there's a good chance a new openbox/skybox could be created to combat this but my sources tell me that firmware update should do it

Probably take wee while yet maybe 3months but as satman says there is fixes out there but at the min very expensive to thrash out but the fix will def be doing the rounds before the sky change that im sure of and sky know there is a fix and what can they do as one sky guy said bit like the torrent sites we will never stop them or close them down cause the people do these things are experts in their field and there's a good chance a new openbox/skybox could be created to combat this but my sources tell me that firmware update should do it
Mate hope your right on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back