Channels Not Working

stevesmiff

My Zgemma H9S Twin running WB has been fine up until about a week or so ago when I noticed some issues with my FTA channels. BBC1, BBC2, 4, 5 and many others all fine but randomly my local ITV (Anglia) channel is a blank screen along with a lot of the other ITV regions. ITV London working fine so I am using that at the moment. When I get further into the FTA channels I notice none of the Music channels working anymore (Kiss, Box, etc all blank screens) and lots of other FTAs not working.

I have uninstalled ABM, rebooted, reinstalled, etc. I even flashed a fresh ATV 6.4 to a new slot on my box but the problem continues. An Auto-Scan for channels found around 250 channels.

Is it possible that the recent UK storms have moved my dish and I've lost some but not all my channels? Can I check this somehow? Or is there any other reason why I suddenly have blank screens on a lot of channels?

It is likely the storms may have moved your dish. Is your dish accessible to you?

Also, worth checking if you just have H or V channels working, as that may be an LNB issue.

Another cause could be water ingress in the cable. Recrimping the F connectors may sought that out.

There has been quite a few change to ABM recently there are a couple of threads on here you could look at with a search.

Have a look at your signal readings to determine if your levels are low suspect that is the case with it only pulling in 250 channels..

Thanks, did read some of the other ABM threads and seemsn most are sorted by the reinstalling of ABM which I've done.

I've never had to get involved with this sort of thing so not sure how to check if H or V channels are not working or how to check signal readings. Help appreciated.

I can't get to my dish, it's on my roof so beyond my reach and too high for my wobbly legs on ladders hence trying to see if there is anything I can do box side before I make a call out to an engineer.

I've never had to get involved with this sort of thing so not sure how to check if H or V channels are not working or how to check signal readings. Help appreciated.
Menu-Setup-Tuners & Scanning- Signal finder

Take a look in there and let us know what you get

Different transponders showing different results. A mixture of these two images as I scroll through the transponders. Not sure what all these things mean?!
20220302_205722.jpg20220302_205741.jpg

10847 V is a s2 frequency
11038 V is a s frequency

Change the tuner parameter to s and not s2 when scanning it should pull it in

Last edited:
Lets forget about about ABM for now so we can figure out if there is a hardware problem.

Menu-Setup-Tuners & Scanning- Manual Scan

Type of Scan-Single Sat
Satellite-28e
Network Scan-ON

Then scan. How many channels does it pull in ?

To check if you have the channels your missing now working

Press up arrow on remote-Green for Satellites-28e Sevices-Latest scanned.

Lets forget about about ABM for now so we can figure out if there is a hardware problem.

Menu-Setup-Tuners & Scanning- Manual Scan

Type of Scan-Single Sat
Satellite-28e
Network Scan-ON

Then scan. How many channels does it pull in ?

To check if you have the channels your missing now working

Press up arrow on remote-Green for Satellites-28e Sevices-Latest scanned.
490 channels found. My channels have always been there and still are there but just a lot are blank and not working as per my original post

There's a problem should be more than double that but your signal strength is more than enough.

Can you look at the Horizontal frequencies any signal on those ?

Has this box ever worked correctly on this dish and lnb setup ? Do you know what type of LNB you have on the dish ? Have you ever run sky Q from that dish ?

LNB is most likely faulty. The test in post 10/12 confirm a hardware issue. Very unlikely, but possibly a tuner fault. Only way to double check, is to try at another place ( must not be sky Q LNB)

You could have removed 28.2 services before scanning or enable "clear before scan" in manual scan. This will ensure that you only have seervices you can receive.

Advisable that you do not use ABM until your hardware issue is resolved.

There's a problem should be more than double that but your signal strength is more than enough.

Can you look at the Horizontal frequencies any signal on those ?

Has this box ever worked correctly on this dish and lnb setup ? Do you know what type of LNB you have on the dish ? Have you ever run sky Q from that dish ?
Not sure what LNB but it is the standard Sky dish from about 15yrs ago with two cables coming in that used to be for Sky+ HD (never had Sky Q). The dish/LNB has not been touched since installation and my zgemma box has been working for several years on this setup without an issue.

I'm out at the moment so will check the horizontal frequencies when I get back later although I'm sure when I took the picture in post 11 above I flicked between V and H and nothing changed on the signal.

LNB is most likely faulty. The test in post 10/12 confirm a hardware issue. Very unlikely, but possibly a tuner fault. Only way to double check, is to try at another place ( must not be sky Q LNB)

You could have removed 28.2 services before scanning or enable "clear before scan" in manual scan. This will ensure that you only have seervices you can receive.

Advisable that you do not use ABM until your hardware issue is resolved.
Will see what I can do in terms of trying at another house (or may be able to try a different box at my house to see if same problem)?

I've actually altered the settings in ABM to use London as a region. This is giving me BBC and ITV services that work so I'm getting by ok with this. It is mainly all the extended channels that don't have region alternatives. ITV has about 20 options where half work and half don't at the moment. Things like Box Music and Kiss Music there is only one option so it's these sort of services that aren't coming in.

Not sure what LNB but it is the standard Sky dish from about 15yrs ago with two cables coming in that used to be for Sky+ HD (never had Sky Q). The dish/LNB has not been touched since installation and my zgemma box has been working for several years on this setup without an issue.

I'm out at the moment so will check the horizontal frequencies when I get back later although I'm sure when I took the picture in post 11 above I flicked between V and H and nothing changed on the signal.
Its just a universal LNB then if your seeing signal strength on both H & V im not convinced the LNB is at fault.

If you are there a few other things we can try to pinpoint whats at fault.

So yes, seeing good signal strength on H & V for some frequencies but at the same time seeing zero signal strength on other frequencies.

Back