Channels play in slow motion.

I have a Zgemma H9 Twin.
Latest version of OpenATV
Using Grogbuild
Bouquets via Jedi Xtream

When I change channels I get a black screen for around 5 seconds then the stream starts but it is in slow motion.
After a few more seconds it plays at normal speed but every 5 minutes of so it plays in slow motion again for a couple of seconds.
This often cause the audio to go out of sync and I have to change channel up and back to get it into sync again.
I've tried stream type 4097 and DVB but still the same issue.
The same suppliers stream plays perfectly on a Firestick so ain't a supplier issue.
Speed to Zgemma is 65mbps via ethernet cable.
This only happens on IPTV channels, not FTA channels via satellite.

Anyone able to help please.

Last edited:
It could be your maxing out your memory usage wise.

Not sure if grogbuild has the cacheflush plugin but id run that and see how you go after.

It could be your maxing out your memory usage wise.

Not sure if grogbuild has the cacheflush plugin but id run that and see how you go after.
Will give it a try.

Edit.... Tried it and still the same, thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I have a Zgemma H9 Twin.
Latest version of OpenATV
Using Grogbuild
Bouquets via Jedi Xtream

When I change channels I get a black screen for around 5 seconds then the stream starts but it is in slow motion.
After a few more seconds it plays at normal speed but every 5 minutes of so it plays in slow motion again for a couple of seconds.
This often cause the audio to go out of sync and I have to change channel up and back to get it into sync again.
I've tried stream type 4097 and DVB but still the same issue.
The same suppliers stream plays perfectly on a Firestick so ain't a supplier issue.
Speed to Zgemma is 65mbps via ethernet cable.
This only happens on IPTV channels, not FTA channels via satellite.

Anyone able to help please.
Might be better off using a bare bones atv image or try the suls plugin instead. It gives you that option when setting up grog build

I have the exact same issues.

I have supplied a few H9 twins to my friends and family, lol - and all of the above is exactly what I get too.

FHD channels mainly where I get the slow motion picture for a few seconds almost like the stream is buffering and trying to catch up with the audio, HD channels I get audio sync issues but no slow motion.

Again, same as you - firestick, Android, iOS everything is completely fine. Only on the Zgemmas we have this issue.

We run OpenATV fresh install, add XE plugin tried all 3 services. I have tried the whole swap file, cache flush etc and it done nothing.

Its such a frustrating issue as I can find any solutions for it.

IPTV in my opinion should always be android. Are you sure it's not other issues like download speeds.
In your opinion yes should be android but enigma boxes are more than capable of running iptv
I have the exact same issues.

I have supplied a few H9 twins to my friends and family, lol - and all of the above is exactly what I get too.

FHD channels mainly where I get the slow motion picture for a few seconds almost like the stream is buffering and trying to catch up with the audio, HD channels I get audio sync issues but no slow motion.

Again, same as you - firestick, Android, iOS everything is completely fine. Only on the Zgemmas we have this issue.

We run OpenATV fresh install, add XE plugin tried all 3 services. I have tried the whole swap file, cache flush etc and it done nothing.

Its such a frustrating issue as I can find any solutions for it.
No issues here with slow motion running willobuild on edison os mini via xe

IPTV in my opinion should always be android. Are you sure it's not other issues like download speeds.
Why is that then ?

All any box is doing regardless of OS on it is playing a file from a LINK as it downloads it !

Why is that then ?

All any box is doing regardless of OS on it is playing a file from a LINK as it downloads it !
As @pearlhosting has said he is not getting the issues on android. There are probably several reasons why is having problems. enigma boxes use linux for the operating system. The problem with that is they are not very verstile. Enigma boxes were really designed for cardshare. IPTV is much more demanding on both the software and hardware than cardshare ever was.

With android you have a choice of loads of different apps and players which will normally fix any issues you come up with as long as the server is a good one. Overall android runs things much smoother without any issues. All you have to do is restart you router now and again and clear the cache. And you will get very few problems if any. As long as you buy a decent box or firestick.

As @pearlhosting has said he is not getting the issues on android. There are probably several reasons why is having problems. enigma boxes use linux for the operating system. The problem with that is they are not very verstile. Enigma boxes were really designed for cardshare. IPTV is much more demanding on both the software and hardware than cardshare ever was.

With android you have a choice of loads of different apps and players which will normally fix any issues you come up with as long as the server is a good one. Overall android runs things much smoother without any issues. All you have to do is restart you router now and again and clear the cache. And you will get very few problems if any. As long as you buy a decent box or firestick.
It's probably more to do with it been a H9 or a badly setup image then anything else.

I successfully run IPTV on the following with Jedi Maker Extreme

VU+ Duo2
Octagon SF8008
Zgemma H7S

Windows with

VLC
ProgDVB
ProgTV
SFVIP Player

None are Android all run as you would expect.

Windows will easily deal with IPTV. Your VU and Octagon are pretty high end enigma boxes. Never used H7S.

Personal choice I suppose. I would say most issues on here to do with IPTV are enigma box users

I do agree if you have a good enigma box IPTV will work pretty flawlessly.

I am sure would be same for me but as my box is about 6 years old it cant really handle IPTV well at all.

But again thats due to how old the hardware is in that box than IPTV being an issue on enigma boxes.

I do agree if you have a good enigma box IPTV will work pretty flawlessly.

I am sure would be same for me but as my box is about 6 years old it cant really handle IPTV well at all.

But again thats due to how old the hardware is in that box than IPTV being an issue on enigma boxes.
Dosnt matter how old a box is if setup, correctly will run iptv I've had it on a star 2s edison os mini and runs fine

Dosnt matter how old a box is if setup, correctly will run iptv I've had it on a star 2s edison os mini and runs fine

I have tried different methods in the past on my box be it via script, Jedi and the channels either had taken an age to come on and ws buffering or freezing. Setup was as it should have been anyway.

So my view on this is that older boxes will generally struggle with IPTV than newer ones.

Back