Channels showing but no picture or sound

jimupc1

Hi
I have a zgemma H2s box with openatv6.1 installed
i have 858 channels showing after a manual scan with a single satellite and they have now stopped working ie: no picture or sound.
I uploaded a new xml.satellite file and rebooted zgemma box and reloaded channels but still nothing showing.
The network is showing ok,any ideas ??
I've now reflashed openatv6.1 and and still have 858 channels but still no picture or sound I must be missing something.

Hi
i have 858 channels showing after a manual scan with a single satellite and they have now stopped working ie: no picture or sound.
I uploaded a new xml.satellite file and rebooted zgemma box and reloaded channels but still nothing showing.
I've now reflashed openatv6.1 and and still have 858 channels but still no picture or sound I must be missing something.
Try BBC or ITV do they give you a picture or sound ?

Hi
Cricky openatv 6.1 is 7 years old i suggest you update it to the latest firmware atv 7.3

Zgemma H2S - openATV Nightly Downloads

Hi,
I reflashed with openatv6.1 and its showing the tuxbox now in etc.and i've uploaded the new satellite.xml and service search shows 858 channels but no picture or sound and no line showing that normally shows its available.
I got it working again by putting tuner A into loop config with tuner B and rescanned channels and there working again.
I was told not to upgrade to opentv 7.3 as it wouldnt work well with my box.
Thanks for all your help

Hi,
I reflashed with openatv6.1 and its showing the tuxbox now in etc.and i've uploaded the new satellite.xml and service search shows 858 channels but no picture or sound and no line showing that normally shows its available.
I got it working again by putting tuner A into loop config with tuner B and rescanned channels and there working again.
I was told not to upgrade to opentv 7.3 as it wouldnt work well with my box.
Thanks for all your help
Who ever told you not to update to 7.3 is talking daft its a very stable image. Why would you use firmware from 7 years ago everything is massively outdated its not surprising nothing works.

Just out of curiosity I dug the old H2S out and flashed latest openatv 7.3 with no issues.
As @moshibeth says your firmware is really outdated.
Try a new clean flash and your box will run better and smoothly.👍

The problem turned out to be a hardware issue as one of the twin tuner cables outside the house coming from the dish was corroded and it was giving an intermittent signal and so everything is back to normal. Tuners A&B are configured to simple/single satellite and there is one twin cable to the box.
When I brought the box to someone who reflashed the openatv last year he said that the clean soft openatv 6.1 version was the most stable and would work the best with the zgemma h2s box , is that not the case and do you think I need to update to the latest version as it seems to be working ok now.
Thanks again for all your help.

The problem turned out to be a hardware issue as one of the twin tuner cables outside the house coming from the dish was corroded and it was giving an intermittent signal and so everything is back to normal. Tuners A&B are configured to simple/single satellite and there is one twin cable to the box.
When I brought the box to someone who reflashed the openatv last year he said that the clean soft openatv 6.1 version was the most stable and would work the best with the zgemma h2s box , is that not the case and do you think I need to update to the latest version as it seems to be working ok now.
Thanks again for all your help.
If you are just using plain openatv, and your screenshots suggest you are, you'd probably be better off with the newest image

Back