Cheap Android Boxes

Think I had one it was a MX box bloody terrible but you can't complain really. Swapped out for firesticks

Yeah I've got a shield, cube and two 4k sticks in the house atm. Not the biggest fan of firesticks tbh, the remotes are like toys and very easy to lose but the cope really well with anything I need to stream and apart from seeming to need cache clearing and rebooting more often than other devices they're very low maintenance.

Get a box with 4gb 64gb on a s904x4 or s905x4 chipset

Slimbox do a load of roms for these research and pick a model they support and youll end up with a android TV box. Tanix do some good boxes supported by slimbox.

You put the box into recovery mode to install a slimbox rom.

When finished you have a decent spec atv box far from been crap.
Been thinking about replacing my GCCWGTV sticks for a while now as they are both playing up, one more than the other.

I hate the idea of buying a firestick and was looking around at alternatives, then I found this. I'd never looked into custom roms for boxes but I think I'll give this a go.

I'll probably get a Tanix x4 and install slimbox. Just need to find a windows pc!

Thanks for the info.

Been thinking about replacing my GCCWGTV sticks for a while now as they are both playing up, one more than the other.

I hate the idea of buying a firestick and was looking around at alternatives, then I found this. I'd never looked into custom roms for boxes but I think I'll give this a go.

I'll probably get a Tanix x4 and install slimbox. Just need to find a windows pc!

Thanks for the info.
Tanix boxes are decent had a couple and not to be confused with the cheap rubbish.

Good rom is the Slimbox use it on my x3 mini very quick box.

You can that way but if you google slimbox roms you find other ways to download them much easier.
My android box has turned up and I'm going to try and flash slimbox on it tomorrow.

Before I do, I wondered if I could pick your brain regarding resetting the box?

There doesn't seem to be an obvious Reset button on the box and some of the videos I've watched advise sticking a toothpick or paperclip into the headphone jack to reset it.

Not sure if this is 'safe' or not and didn't want to knacker the box so I wonder if you can remember how you reset yours?

Thanks in advance.

I still have a T95Z-3GB (DDR3) Ram 32GB Rom android box kicking around it was not cheap at the time £60 if I remember there are newer models more Ram but different memory chips.
But sadly there were only a few firmware updates had a few bugs even keyboard was wrong had to replace Generic.kl file to sort it. But there have been some custom firmware done I may even try it again it was quite a fast box even for playing games.

As for MX and MXQ (enough of them kicking around) boxes never great ok at the time.

I still have a T95Z-3GB (DDR3) Ram 32GB Rom android box kicking around it was not cheap at the time £60 if I remember there are newer models more Ram but different memory chips.
If that has the Amlogic S912 chipset.

Slimbox rom.

Thank me later (y)

Back