Cheapish Laptop broadband needed.

cactikid

VIP Member
As we lost a piggy back internet connection about a year ago i need to source another way of getting internet on laptop in an old building with no internet. Its not used all the time but for research on error codes on cars and other issues.
Many years ago had the usb dongle for meteor pay as you go.Another one just seen is this small guy
Possibly services here in Dublin are 4G and 5G now.
So any thought of what people use cheers.

Attachments

• 3 pay as you go 3g mifi.jpg
    3 pay as you go 3g mifi.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 7
Ha not seen thread update last time i tried that it did not work with previous provider but does that flatten battery on phone down as using faceache in the pub drops it down quite a bit cheers

Plug the phone into the laptop with a usb cable to charge it.(y)Usally you just switch the hotspot on ,give it a password then on the laptop find your wifi ssid from the phone and you should be able to get on the internet,Or make an excuse to nip the pub to use the free wifi there to do your research

Might just bring laptop home and try updating stuff first and then try hooking up again to phone.Yes as i have a light charger same port for phone used and still in garage.

Back