Chromecast image stutters above 25 fps

Frankvs

Hey everyone,

I bought a Chromecast HD a while back to use IPTV with. It worked well, and after the footy season ended I didn't use it for a while. Now, I plugged it in again and any streams above 25 fps stutter like crazy, it makes it horrible to watch anything.I've tried 3 different suppliers and different TVs too, so it has to be a hardware/software issue with the Chromecast. Here's a short video demonstrating the issue.

Has anyone encountered this issue and was able to solve it? I read online and it seems other people have similar issues to these too, but I couldn't find a fix for it. Either way, I have to buy another device to use on a different room, so I would also appreciate suggestions on similarly priced devices.

Thanks!

Simular price device is going to be a firestick.

Try doing a factory reset on device

I've tried 3 different suppliers and different TVs too, so it has to be a hardware/software issue with the Chromecast. Here's a short video demonstrating the issue.
When people start ruling out everything except one thing, then it becomes an even bigger problem.

So it can't be your isp?
Blocking, or even throttling? How have you ruled these out?

Is there a setting on the Chromecast app to clear cache or reset everything before you try a different provider, did that not work?

Have you tried it using mobile data instead your isp broadband? How was it?

When people start ruling out everything except one thing, then it becomes an even bigger problem.

So it can't be your isp?

Is there a setting on the Chromecast app to clear cache or reset everything before you try a different provider, did that not work?

I think it's going to be one of those threads where every time anyone suggests anything to remedy his issues he'll say he's already tried it, and when anyone suggests an alternative device he'll say he's already considered that one.

So it can't be your isp?

I tried two different ISPs, but haven’t tried mobile data. I factory reset it twice too. I also don’t believe it’s the ISP, since streams at 25 fps work just fine. As I also said, this seems to be an issue for other chromecast users too on other apps, such as Youtube or Disney+

I tried two different ISPs, but haven’t tried mobile data. I factory reset it twice too. I also don’t believe it’s the ISP, since streams at 25 fps work just fine. As I also said, this seems to be an issue for other chromecast users too on other apps, such as Youtube or Disney+
I've never used a Chromecast device, are they capable of playing anything above 25fps?
If you have other devices that are playing the streams at 50fps using your regular isp then I'd put it down to Chromecast being a duff setup and abandon it completely. Any Android device should play basic IPTV at 25-50 FPS with minimal trouble

What app are you using. If you are using a app like tivimate or implayer could be others turn on auto frame rate

Back