Citroen, central locking not working 100%

Maxnew

hi, I have a Citroen c4 2007 hatchback.
When I lock the doors using the fob, the rear doors don’t lock only the front doors do. The same thing happens if I lock the passenger door with the key, again only the front doors lock. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Google is a minefield!
Can this only be fixed by a main dealer or is it something I could fix myself?
Thanks

Are the back doors always in use maybe a broken wire from frame to door?
Do you have a central locking system button inside and also the same?

The backdoors are only used a couple of times a week with the kids.
I have the central locking button on the dash and when I sit in the car and I press it. The wife can open the backdoors but the front doors stayed locked, so it’s the same case as when I use the fob. I’m puzzled.

Did both go together or one after another?If manually locked do they open as door locks have issues with internal solenoids.

systemlord,I tried that but it didn’t make a difference.
Cactikid, I don’t know at what stage they stopped working, it could of happened years ago. Only notice it now because my 2year loves jumping in my car when it’s parked outside and I then realized I couldn’t stop him getting in. I’ve noticed today that the boot is the same as the back doors, as in that never locks either when I use the central locking either.
If I manually lock the passenger door with the key (no keyhole on drivers side) the back doors and boot don’t lock only the front doors.

As in tailgate opening and closing wires break at the corner as i would be looking there first.

i would also check with diagnostics if they can control locking system broken locks.

Back