Cloud ibox2 latest images have some SERIOUS issues

Hi All

I have a bit of time on my hands due to being off sick. Bought a cloud ibox 2 and wanted to try different images to see what is best.....All images used are from the cloud ibox site. Just wanted to share a couple of issues, and if there are solutions then please forward them on.

OpenPLi latest issue.......Scans all channels but leaves out the SKY premium channels like Sports and movies etc. No amount of faffing about with transponder settings changes it.

HDFreaks - After flashing is done. First boot just sits there with the logo on the screen and the word "load" on the display panel.

Openvix - Loads and scans everything ok - BUT cannot FTP the box for love nor money...Again no mount of faffing about with the channels changes this.

OpenATV - Same as HDFreaks. Appears to flash ok. When done - rebooting the box, just sits there with the logo on the screen, and the word "load" on display panel.....

So at the moment...Naff-all works in terms of trying to get a box working with all yor channels and your extras......I will try the rest of the images and update as I progress.....

Ok..quick update. I just started to lose the will to live, when I decided to upload an old openPLi 3 image. Amazing....It works. Scanned everything, FTP's all good. C-lines up and running. I might just give this a break now and try the rest when I get bored. Have a good day all....

Can anyone recommend an image that has the latest channels like Bt sports extra and stuff on?.. I'm using vix

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I just had someone come to me with one of these boxes so I thought I would flash latest openatv image it just freezes on LOAD got to be something wrong with these new images (I checked and this is original not clone box as well)

You would be far better using an older image for that box and just updating things like newer skins ect ect using ftp as they are not the best boxes to accept new software and are prone to bricking

I have just had the exact same problems I found an older version of openvix on here and reflashed the box! It worked first time. I found the download in the download section on here

I just had someone come to me with one of these boxes so I thought I would flash latest openatv image it just freezes on LOAD got to be something wrong with these new images (I checked and this is original not clone box as well)

All Cloud-Ibox's are clones! Ever single one. The worst ones are the clones of the clones (but that is a different story). In short the Cloud Ibox's are clones of the Golden Interstar LX Speed series. I have two of these BTW.

A more helpful reply to the topic.

I have two of these boxes, and both work fine for my needs.

The only images that work are Open Pli 3/4 and any of the Black Hole images, all available from the Air Digital downloads page. Updates Cloud-Ibox Series - Index of: home/ .

Black Hole - The image is so old there are many plugins that are unavailable now. XMLTV Import is one such plugin. Open Pli 3 - I have not used.

So both my boxes are running Openpli 4.0, not as graphically pleasing as OpenVix or OpenATV, that have a welath of skins available, but very dependable. EPG works as it should.

Using the MX-HQ7 skin, as it's the nicest I have found (that I like!). There is no PIG, but I am not bothered by the lack of a mini screen while looking at the EPG.

One issue worth remembering/mentioning is that XMLTV doesn't by default save the cache to the HDD/USB. You can install the plugin epgrefresh that contains this info, but it seems to make the cloud ibox 2+ very sluggish. So I decided to tweak the settings file in /etc/enigma2 instead, using telnet and ftp.

NO LONGER USING OPENPLI - I AM NOW USING PBNIGMA 5.3 CHECK MY POST HERE - http://www.techkings.org/cloud-ibox/102144-pbnigma-5-3-cloud-ibox-2-a.html

Last edited:

The only images that work are Open Pli 3/4 and any of the Black Hole images, all available from the Air Digital downloads page. Updates Cloud-Ibox Series - Index of: home/ .

Black Hole - The image is so old there are many plugins that are unavailable now. XMLTV Import is one such plugin. Open Pli 3 - I have not used.

So both my boxes are running Openpli 4.0, not as graphically pleasing as OpenVix or OpenATV, that have a welath of skins available, but very dependable. EPG works as it should.

Using the MX-HQ7 skin, as it's the nicest I have found (that I like!). There is no PIG, but I am not bothered by the lack of a mini screen while looking at the EPG.

One issue worth remembering/mentioning is that XMLTV doesn't by default save the cache to the HDD/USB. You can install the plugin epgrefresh that contains this info, but it seems to make the cloud ibox 2+ very sluggish. So I decided to tweak the settings file in /etc/enigma2 instead, using telnet and ftp.

Could you upload a backup image of OpenPli 4 please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you upload a backup image of OpenPli 4 please?

No longer using Openpli 4/5 I am now using PBnigma 5.3. It is very stable. http://www.techkings.org/cloud-ibox/102144-pbnigma-5-3-cloud-ibox-2-a.html

I have reflashed around 20 of these boxes and everyone of them seems to have a different issue Its a combination of bad workmanship from suppliers poor back up and problems galore

Hi All

I have a bit of time on my hands due to being off sick. Bought a cloud ibox 2 and wanted to try different images to see what is best.....All images used are from the cloud ibox site. Just wanted to share a couple of issues, and if there are solutions then please forward them on.

OpenPLi latest issue.......Scans all channels but leaves out the SKY premium channels like Sports and movies etc. No amount of faffing about with transponder settings changes it.

HDFreaks - After flashing is done. First boot just sits there with the logo on the screen and the word "load" on the display panel.

Openvix - Loads and scans everything ok - BUT cannot FTP the box for love nor money...Again no mount of faffing about with the channels changes this.

OpenATV - Same as HDFreaks. Appears to flash ok. When done - rebooting the box, just sits there with the logo on the screen, and the word "load" on display panel.....

So at the moment...Naff-all works in terms of trying to get a box working with all yor channels and your extras......I will try the rest of the images and update as I progress.....

Courtesy of another forum member, on the new openvix you can setup samba so then you can mount the root as a drive on your pc so you can put on your files

Back