Cloudflare WARP - Free VPN

thebesh

TK Supporter
Before I start - Disclaimer below
  • this VPN will NOT allow you to get around Geo Location blocking. This is a VPN targeting online privacy from your current Geo location.
Cloudflare have a free VPN solution called WARP - available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS. The thing I love about it is that the experience is seamless for me on MacBook and iPhone. I have another VPN provider (NordVPN) that doesn't allow split tunnelling (Mac client) and I have to turn off the VPN to access my local resources, which gets annoying. Not only do I get a seamless experience, but there is very little overhead on my connection AND it seems that some pages actually load a bit quicker. As you connect to a Cloudflare endpoint, it makes it quicker to pull data that is stored on it's CDN. If a site uses Cloudflare to cache their website/images/media, then the experience is very good.

I'm mainly using this for bypassing ISP blocks on certain torrent/streaming sites. The fact I don't have to keep turning VPN Client off/on and great performance makes it a win/win for me.
FYI - by default the client does not collect any logs. You can turn this on if you wish, but I suspect most people won't.

More information about Warp = Introducing WARP: fixing mobile Internet performance and security

Been using it for a while now, only issue I have with it (or any vpn) on my desktop, is if I don't close my email before activating it, I get about a thousand notifications of unusual login activity from outlook and gmail.

Back